Regular South Wales meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
What about here http://www.caerdelyn.co.uk/wp/ and its a freeby, Ah I here you cry there is no such thing as a free lunch, well your right the people want a 3 acre woodland cleared of bramble and paths laid in exchange for free camping there is some flat meadows, loads of dead standing and a very nice little stream also the orther woods at the old red loin are cleared the woods are not very big and there not free as they belong to the YHA

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That sounds fantastic!
I would be realy interested in that - and it is only about half an hour from me :)
What about here http://www.caerdelyn.co.uk/wp/ and its a freeby, Ah I here you cry there is no such thing as a free lunch, well your right the people want a 3 acre woodland cleared of bramble and paths laid in exchange for free camping there is some flat meadows, loads of dead standing and a very nice little stream also the orther woods at the old red loin are cleared the woods are not very big and there not free as they belong to the YHA

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive had a fair bit of interest for the Beacons on my inbox, I honestly dont mind tho. Not limited to 1 trip are we :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That sounds reasonable :)
But before I start anything about a meet at this site I will need to visit the site myself to check it out ... and I am pretty tied up with lots of work, physio and hospital visits at the moment, so it may be a couple of weeks before I get the chance.
Jaymz - As to promoting a wild camp ... I would ask a Mod how that will stand before you do it ... it might put you beyond the site rules ...
I can recommend BNI - if we meet up there folk can check out other sites for future ref and such...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Jaymz - As to promoting a wild camp ... I would ask a Mod how that will stand before you do it ... it might put you beyond the site rules ...
I can recommend BNI - if we meet up there folk can check out other sites for future ref and such...

Thank you John

The Moderating Team are aware of this thread and the subject of Wild Camping. While the activity remains illegal in law in England and Wales, it remains illegal on this forum.

It's good to know that the members are keeping an eye on it too.

Ogri the trog

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
BNI 4th and 5th sounds a runner for me John. Assuming that nothing 'pressing' gets in the way.

I'll see if I could get a few others to join us and bring a large casserole to hang over the fire, assuming I can shoot something in the meantime.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive added the people who have shown some interest in the camp on the original post, to get a rough idea of how many will be attending.

Last edited:

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Hi Guys, Id be up for doing something if its a open invitation to all, I havent been out much, I havent met any of you guys yet so it would be a good introduction for me. I live near Neath. Cheers

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I would be up for a meet but later in the year - I haven't got any four season kit and I don't intend to buy any this year. So the cold weather might put a dampner on it for me in Feb. I will keep an eye on this thread for stuff happening later in the year

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
john, Do you have a contact number for the camp site or have you been to check it out? I dont mind ringing them and booking it, but you said you wanted to check it out first?

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Right, Im going to ring this guy now, Does anyone have any quarms about dates? Staying there for 2 nights, Sat 4th, Sun 5th, and home on the monday. All agreed?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE