Referrals?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
thats cos yu h'aint got any

when someone joins.. the register form has a bit which asks if a member refered them to the site.. if you refered someone (and they filled it in correctly) im guessing something magicle happens (i dont know because i dont have any either) but thats what they are!

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
And well done to Paganwolf for having referred 3 people and to Tomtom for having referred 1! Keep it up!! :You_Rock_

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
The link is there so you can right click on it and copy the URL so you can send it to friends.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
tomtom said:
ah ok.. i don't feel so silly then!!

can an admin tell me who i referred..?
A user called "Wind Chaser" ... could be that they entered the wrong number in the box though when they signed up.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'd forgotten about referrals... I've got 7 but havent sent anyone a referral in ages.... I'll have to go through my address book again and see who may be interested :biggthump

Ed

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
If I recall correctly you put in the name of a member when you sign up. It doesn't have to be someone that necessarily sent you a referral, just someone who typed in your name at sign-up because they knew you. :wink:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It's all done automatically using cookies.

For example, this is MY refere link for britishblades...
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=1

The link will take you to the BB forum homepages, but the bit at the end "referrerid=1" is specific to me, it'll get written into a cookie on your computer. So when you sign up, the forum software attributes the new member (you) to referrerid=1 (me) and my referrer count gets incrimented by 1!

The referrer and new member do not need to know each other (in fact anyone clicking on the above link, and then joining BB wil get credited to me, just because I used my own referrerid in the link).

It's a way of getting members to spam the internet with thier referrerid's and thus promote the site.

You can be crafty about it too. Hover your mouse pointer over the BB logo in my sig, and look at the URL that appears at the bottom of your browser. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE