missing post??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul Moseley

Jul 28, 2020
Staffordshire
Hi,

I posted yesterday and received a message saying it had been moved to another thread. When I click on it however it says I do not have permission to see that thread???? It would seem odd to make a thread something that the OP is not able to see/respond/contribute to.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry it was not explained better.

The thread/post was reported as possibly not suitable for discussion on the forum. It has been moved to the private moderator area while it is discussed.

Generally speaking, bringing business related disagreements to a forum is not good, it can become one sided bashing, or a two sided arguement.

Best regards

Chris

Paul Moseley

Jul 28, 2020
Staffordshire
Understood, however, the facts are the facts. This is not a disagreement between two parties; this is reporting to the wider community, discussing business practice and being aware.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I moved the thread as I felt it was not suitable for the forum as it’s a personal opinion naming another business without their alternative view.

I should have messaged you to explain it was moved to the mods area for a collective decision to be made.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ultimately as the forum owner the Mods are doing what I've asked them to do and some of that is to make the judgement call on threads that get posted.
The dilemma here is that while I feeling sympathetic to your situation and what you said happend, the forums aren't a platform for discussing business practice and it's not the place to basically call out people as liars and fraudsters. It's too strong a statement coming from one party when no one else knows anything about it and can't back it up etc.

For me there is definitely an aspect of self protection, I am the one that receives the letters from the lawyers with threats and demands to prove what 'we' have said, or face court, so I am wary of what gets posted that accuses other people/businesses of doing, especially when it's from a single perspective/source.
There's a vast difference between saying some business or other has a crap customer service and someone is a liar and fraud.

So, I'm afraid that no matter how frustrating it is the thread will stay removed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE