Recommend me some outdoor trainers please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I need some new trainers, would like some waterproof outdoor type rugged ones. Can anyone recommend me some?

Had some karrimors and thought they were great but after 2 months of light/moderate use the soles are coming off and splitting so wont be getting karrimors in future.

So thought I'd see if anyone had experience with other brands that they thought were good and sturdy. :confused:

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Salomon are very good i find. I'm only on my third pair in the last 15 years, and aside from smart shoes to work and dedicated footwear for sports and outdoor stuff, they have been the only thing i have worn.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks for the advice chaps. decided to go for these after much looking.

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/salomon-xt-wings-ii-mens-184012

It was good timing too, had an email saying theyve got 20% off all weekend! :D

Did like the look of the Hedgehogs though, just couldnt stretch that far at the moment.

Make sure you put the receipt in a safe place mate, I had a pair of Salomon Fastpacker Mids from F&T which started leaking after three months, I had no end of bother trying to get a replacement pair from them.

hedgedruid

Jun 23, 2011
East Lancashire UK
Karrimor Bodmin Low trainers have served me very well for last 14 months just starting to come apart but can't grumble as they have had some hammer , and at £17.00 off amazon even better !

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
Last edited:

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Be wary of "waterproof" shoes - they only stay waterproof as long as the goretex inner lining lasts. For my style of walking, I tend to go through the liners at the big toes within 3 months and water starts to leak in so now I don't bother paying extra for waterproof shoes any more :) The type of shoes I go for now have a good sized rubber rand over the toe area and that's as waterproof as I can get and for a lot less dosh too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE