recommend me a good outdoorsy film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Iron Will. It's a story about a young Minnesota boy who enters a dogsled race to help his family through the Great Depression after his father dies in a sledding accident. It's set in the far North and has stunning scenery and excitement.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Just watched As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me. It's very good with some bushy stuff in there, but I was a bit disappointed by the deviations from the book.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just occured to me and it might have ben mentioned already but has anyone seen the remake of The Flight of the Pheonix? Stars Dennis Quaid.

Not too Hollywoody in thier unbelievable stretching reality type stuff - Like a six shooter firing 400bullets, or hand grenades exploding in a ball of fire and knocking over a house, but otherwise not a bad film to watch.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Watched "The Eagle" this morning. It's OK, but there are some nice campfire scenes as well as some authentic looking villages with cook pots above fires.
Worth a watch.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Watched South 1919 Dvd last night, good historical authentic film from 1919. I am a big fan of Shackleton anyway, just need to have it on mute because of the piano music all the time. Obviously a silent film

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
especially a wrist watch band made of enough paracord to abseil down a 100' cliff! :rolleyes:

Dude, he could abseil down Everest with that watch! I was in stitches. Seriously strong shackle if I recall correctly too.:lmao:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
A new film "The Way Back". It is about a couple of prisioners walking from siberia to India in the second world war. got Colin Farrel in it who plays a mad russian but bot a bad film lots of stuff in it too.

I second the Tracker with Ray Winston in it, great film showing off some of the best places of New Zeland

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I had the TV all to myself last night since SWMBO is off galavanting in the UK at the moment. So I dug out an old film I hadn't seen in ages and rather enjoyed it.

Six days and seven nights with Harrison Ford.

It's a sort of a romantic comedy type film but has a lot of outdoorsy, what would you do in that situation sort of thing. I enjoyed it. But then I'm also a bit of a sucker for romantic comedy films too... just don't tell anyone, my street cred is fragile enough already

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
the last of the mohikans is a good movie

also if you want an action movie and a intresting false take on things about the second world war watch U571

due to the fact they show the US marines taking and capturing the enigma machine but if you read history it was decoded and caught by the english navy and decoded by british secret intelligance but then again thats hollywood for you and no disrespect ment to any americans on this site bear in mind

drew

The US did capture one although I'm not aware of the actual circumstances (may have been similar to the movie i dont know?) - however the brishish had one already which they got when they captured U-110

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE