recommend me a good outdoorsy film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
these are fairly good movies:survival quest(1991?),robinson crousoe on mars(1964)has alot of survival gear shown and used,Bat-21 good E&E movie...vince g. 11B Inf..

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Both been mentioned before and both are basically the same plot but

Emerald forest (Native south americans)
Dances with wolves (native americans)

are both excellent films (yes the plot is the same as pochohontis and Avatar and to some extent Fern Gully...)

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Dougster you and me are on the same wavelength,the last trapper is a stunning film shot in the yukon.
Outstanding.
Soloman.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Dougster you and me are on the same wavelength,the last trapper is a stunning film shot in the yukon.
Outstanding.
Soloman.

The director of this film Nicolas Vanier, has a long history of polar voyages behind him & has vast experience of these regions. He has made quite a few films of his travels & one in particular, back in the mid 90's where he crossed the canadian wilderness on horse back with his wife, his 2 year old daughter & his dog....Most of it was filmed by himself as they went along.& the voyage was to last a full year.
They settle by a lake, build a log cabin (stunning) & wait for the snow, to continue the journey by dog sled ( dogs & sled arrive by hydroplane) to finnish at Anchorage ( if I remember rightly).
Well worth seeing if you can get hold of it ( as are his other travel films if you like the great north)
It's called L'ENFANT DES NEIGES, roughly translated as.".child of the snows"

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
This thread has made quite the revival.

The Last Trapper is a great film.

Anyone got a link to "Tracker"

Andy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Tracker staring Ray winstone, set in New zealand just after the Boer war, the films ok but the scenery is stunning.OOPS didnt read the above post before posting, quite a bit of sitting round camp fire cooking and old school weapons clothing and kit,its basically a man hunt film,not up the with the greats,but like i say the scenery made up for it for me.

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Glad to see the Last Trapper making an appearence here and getting rave reviews. I bought that a couple of weeks ago in a bargain bin in our local supermarket. Thought it looked a bit outdoorsy so I grabbed it in the hope it might be worth a watch. Seems I may have struck gold after all.

No, I haven't watched it yet, tonight's my DVD night so I may just put that on. It's that or Das Boot, the long version, all 3 hours and 26 mins of it. I missed some of the episodes when it was first shown on TV ages ago. Also got that in the bargain bin.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Dirkie (1970) a South African film re titled 'Lost in the desert' in the UK. A small boy and his dog lost in the Kalahari.

Both films that enjoyed as a very young boy, especially the Northwest Passage...

"...You ain't hungry enough yet..."

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE