Recommend a camping pillow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I use a piece of memory foam inside a stuff sack compresses real well and is real comfy. also in the past i've used (new unused) Large car wash sponges or clothes in a stuff sack

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use the Snugpak Snuggy if I'm canoe camping, if I'm up in the hills then I use a stuff sack or drybag and put my spare clothes in. I find slipping a drybag into a fleece sleeve makes it more comfortable.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I use a synthetic fill travel pillow, I've had it for years. Doesn't pack down so well, but it gets stuffed down to fill any gaps in my rucksack. It ain't even that good for sleeping on the ground, but it's just right for the hammock. Plus it has a cinch cord which I've attached a length of adjustable shock cord with a clip so I can attach it to my hammocks ridgeline to stop it sliding down my back or falling out the hammock.

What puts me off a lot of these camping pillows is the material, I need cotton or something else natural to sleep well

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Those of you that are recomending wine bags clearly don't gralloch the bag to get the very last drop out of it then lick the inside....I don't know... some people! Glyn.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Here's a thread Toddy started a few moons ago.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58856&p=714847&highlight=#post714847
Since then I have started to use a mesh stuff sack filled with spare cloths.
None of the icky, sweaty feeling of sleeping on a close woven nylon type fabric stuff sack.
If the mesh bag is not used to store kit it can be folded up with no weight or space penalty.
These are the sort of things I talking about,http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/packables/mesh-stuff-sacks.html.
Happy trails...torc.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
I tend to use a Snugpak Snuggy, it fits nicely into the hood of my bag and is very absorbent...useful for catching my dribble :)

sack

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Take a box of wine. Drink the wine. Take the bag out. Use it as a pillow.
You've now got an adjustable inflatable pillow and a couple of litres of wine in you, you're certain to sleep well. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE