Real bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Tadpole said:
if i remember rightly, one of the people on that video was a member of this site before he was banned for self promotion.

Really? I don't care to be honest, its still funny.

Tadpole, you party pooper you, it was my attempt to bring a little fun to the site, something so sadly missing to be honest. No reply would have been better than the kiss of death reply you posted, no offence meant.

I love this site, but why is everyone so bloody serious all the time, lets have the occasional bit of humour for crying out loud; lighten up a bit people ;) My wife thinks my stove collecting mates are dull and sad, I dread to think what she would make of this site.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Gazmik was banned after not only causing hassle, self promotion to a link that was full of swearing (this is a family friendly site, remember) and setting up multiple accounts, hasseling other members via the pm system........need I go on?

Sorry you find us boring Rik, generally I find the site and it's members friendly and informative. My pm box regularly overflows and I meet a lot of the BcUK folks around the country.
Campfire humour we usually keep for around the campfires when we meet up, that way the site avoids any problems with restrictions on who can view. Doesn't make us humourless however ;) :D

cheers,
Toddy

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
They are total muppets! Which is, ofcourse, mightily entertaining. I dread meeting people like those two in the 'wilds'... 'If you're gona make a spoon......u might as well make it bug'n......' PRICELESS!!!!! :lmao:

king of the bush my asre

Cheers rik, ur a legend! You would get a rep point, but that seems to have disappeared!?!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Toddy said:
Gazmik was banned after not only causing hassle, self promotion to a link that was full of swearing (this is a family friendly site, remember) and setting up multiple accounts, hasseling other members via the pm system........need I go on?

Sorry you find us boring Rik, generally I find the site and it's members friendly and informative. My pm box regularly overflows and I meet a lot of the BcUK folks around the country.
Campfire humour we usually keep for around the campfires when we meet up, that way the site avoids any problems with restrictions on who can view. Doesn't make us humourless however ;) :D

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy, its not that the site is boring, and its very informative, its just so serious all the time, and I too have met some great people from here, but this is without doubt the only forum I use where humour is not expressed on a regular basis.

Now I know the rules, I'll keep a straight face when here :(

PS, campfire humour does not always equate to vulgarity

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
rik_uk3 said:
PS, campfire humour does not always equate to vulgarity
It doesn't? No wonder nobody wants to camp with me :rolleyes:

I don't find this site boring at all! A few threads have weirded me out a bit (sorry folks, but no matter HOW cosy I am in my sleeping bag, i am NOT peeing in a bottle :p) but still...

If you want humour, drop me a pm and I'll record me singing some Jerry Lee Lewis :cool: :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A straight face, thankfully, isn't a requirement :rolleyes:
You snapped back pretty sharpish at someone who only offered information when you posted a link to someone who had caused other members hassle.
I agree, campfire humour doesn't equal vulgarity, but there at least we all know who is watching and listening and the jokes and conversation are appropriate to the audience.

Tbh. my friends wouldn't believe that this is *me* having this conversation, ;) :eek: Ah well, needs must.

I have the sound turned off on my computer just now (HWMBLT and son2 are leaving early for a days walking so are already in bed) someone reasssure me that gazmick has edited their youtube stuff and it's *family friendly* in it's content?

cheers,
Toddy

Apr 2, 2007
Argyll Scotland
Greg said:
A Jock and a Taff having an argument, well that makes a change!!:lmao:
Actually Greg if you care to go to the begining of this thread you might notice that the argument was initiated by two guys well south of the Scottish border. So how about you you keep your RACIST comments for your mates in Pembrokeshire eh?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Kenny Macmillan said:
Actually Greg if you care to go to the begining of this thread you might notice that the argument was initiated by two guys well south of the Scottish border. So how about you you keep your RACIST comments for your mates in Pembrokeshire eh?

Racist, stop being a plonker you do know Pembrokeshire is in WALES - you know where Taffs come from!!!
Go suck your dummy!!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Greg said:
A Jock and a Taff having an argument, well that makes a change!!:lmao:

I'm a brummy, moved to Wales full time in 1988, but my nan was a full blown Welsh speaker, and the wife and children are Welsh through and through ;)

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Christ almighty, when did this thread become a slinging match?

I'm sure that if you want to argue, you could funnel the urge into something more productive. Join a debate team or something.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Here we go again...DUCK!!!!!!! :BlueTeamE :AR15firin :twak: :buttkick: :tapedshut :tapedshut :tapedshut :yikes: :censored: :censored: :umbrella: :sadwavey: :nana: :bye: :nana: :bye: :censored: :censored: :sadwavey: :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

Peace Man :240: :240:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE