Ray Mears Woodlaw Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I am astonished this hasn't been snapped up straight away. I have thought from time to time that maybe I ought to have a woody just to show people on carving courses how they compare to smaller purpose designed woodcarving knives but then again even at this price I think I don't really want one. Amazed no one else wants it though, it's a decent all round knife.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Ebay don't sell knives anymore...unless they did a sudden U turn I haven't heard of :rolleyes:

And welcome to the forum.

Jojo, Your right. See, only 38 years old and my memory is goosed. Are any other sites still selling knives or have they all gone?

I also tried to find the last sale of a RM on eBay but couldn't. I remember they used to go for silly money and wanted to give Antonio a price to aim for so he made a decent amount from his knife (even though this would put it out of my price range).

I'll get myself one of those brain training thingy's, if I could remember what they're called !!!:lmao:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Mine was traded for a brand new knife that cost £260 and came with a rapidboy sheath and the original sheath.The other person couldn't trade quickly enough.We both were very happy with the trade.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Ebay is such a let down, the yanks can sell what they want on the site but us brits cant sell anything.

Antonino,

Send you a PM (Private Messages) yesterday evening with some questions, would appreciate it if you have time to look at my PM and let me know.

PM can be seen on upper right side of your BushcraftUK screen where you see Welcome AntoninoRusso. .....

Cheers,

Bagheera

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I sent a PM yesterday too.
I was suggesting a way to overcome the "one post" seller phenomenon.
Was happy to cover RMSD postage to inspect the knife.
Even happy to involve an intermediary to hold the money and confirm the knife OK.
No reply .....

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
I'd be tempted at £150 but only to sell it on at a profit and fund my canoe.

Antonio, welcome to the site, you'll find everyone helpful and honest. I've not been able to find the last ebay sale of a RM knife but I'm sure if you put it on there you'd get double what you're asking for it.

Don't forget to use some of your extra profit to join as a full member on this site !!!

A good site to sell the knife would be BRITISH BLADES should get what it really deserves

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
I sent a PM yesterday too.
I was suggesting a way to overcome the "one post" seller phenomenon.
Was happy to cover RMSD postage to inspect the knife.
Even happy to involve an intermediary to hold the money and confirm the knife OK.
No reply .....

Antonino doesn't seem to be very interested in selling the knife, he was on the Forum at 20:29 hours and nothing heard yet :confused:

Cheers,

Bagheera

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Why do you think I left this one alone. I've looked at the two pictures and they seemed to me like two very different knives. Was'nt sure, so asked for a close up of the tip. Nothing heard since....

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
To introduce Myself

My name is Antonino, Im 31, I live in Derbyshire, Divorced single father. I am an archaeologist and training to be a teacher of archaeology, I have climbed four mountains, Nevis, Snowdon, Vesuvius and Tidy. I have stood on the most northern point of europe in -40oc, been swimming with dolphins and dived on WWII destroyers in malta, I enjoy travel, camping, cinema, books.

Perhaps a voluptuous maiden, whom has always dreamed of owning this model knife, read the introduction and was instantly smitten, after all, did not Harrison Ford embody the dynamic life of an archaeologist (albeit without a RM Woodlore!) as he fought dastardly bad guys.

It may well be that the lack of replies is down to the possibility that true love is blooming, as we speak........
happy0054.gif

Alternatively, as this entire scenario is fictitious, its probably due to other reasons!
sad0068.gif

Calculon

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Old South Wales
Why do you think I left this one alone. I've looked at the two pictures and they seemed to me like two very different knives. Was'nt sure, so asked for a close up of the tip. Nothing heard since....

Hi Johnathan

I've been watching this thread with some interest also...a bit strange as he seemed keen but WTFDIK.
I'm a bit of a novice at the knife thing really though.

Is that a Woodlore in your sig & is it yours? It's a thing of beauty. :)

Calc

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, things are ringing alarm bells here.

The Woodlore in my sig is indeed mine. So much a thing of beauty I cannot bring myself to use it. And as most Instructors are using Julius Petterson Woodlores now, a thing of rarity. I believe only Ray himself uses the antler version now, save for the few he gave out years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE