Ray Mears Woodlaw Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Im selling my woodlaw knife. Any takers.

My knife is about five years old it was made by Wilkinson Sword, The blade is high carbon, very sharp with no rust or damage and has the Ray Mears logo on one side. The handle is full tang and made of birds eye maple and rivited with brass fasterers.
The sheath is the belt type made of full grain hand stitched leather, this too is in excellent condition.
I am looking for reasonable offers at arround £150.

Please consider that to purchase a new woodlaw knife at the moment will cost £200+ and you have to wait TEN years for the thing to arrive.

Paypal accepted

Attachments

• 26062009(002).jpg
    26062009(002).jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 578

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds too cheap to me ?

You might want to introduce yourself on the forum too Antonino, selling an item on your first post could be difficult.

And delete your email addy off the forum :)

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
You will wait longer than 10 years for a Wilkinson Sword woodlore ...........

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
FIrstly, if it sounds too cheap then how much would you suggest I sell it for, any reasonable suggestions

Secondly, If you want a wilkinson sword knife you will have to wait forever as they dont make them any more.

Thirdly, Woodlaw or Woodlore what difference does it make Ray Mears is Ray Mears!!!!!

Attachments

• 26062009(004).jpg
    26062009(004).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 501
Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
To introduce Myself

My name is Antonino, Im 31, I live in Derbyshire, Divorced single father. I am an archaeologist and training to be a teacher of archaeology, I have climbed four mountains, Nevis, Snowdon, Vesuvius and Tidy. I have stood on the most northern point of europe in -40oc, been swimming with dolphins and dived on WWII destroyers in malta, I enjoy travel, camping, cinema, books.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
FIrstly, if it sounds too cheap then how much would you suggest I sell it for, any reasonable suggestions

Secondly, If you want a wilkinson sword knife you will have to wait forever as they dont make them any more.

Thirdly, Woodlaw or Woodlore what difference does it make Ray Mears is Ray Mears!!!!!

Now that's a sales pitch!

No offence meant, good luck with the sale :D

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
You've fallen into the trap of thinking that because it says ray mears then it must be brilliant.They're not good because they have his name on them but because of the design,myself I can't use them as they just don't feel right to me.
Good luck with the sale.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
To introduce Myself

My name is Antonino, Im 31, I live in Derbyshire, Divorced single father. I am an archaeologist and training to be a teacher of archaeology, I have climbed four mountains, Nevis, Snowdon, Vesuvius and Tidy. I have stood on the most northern point of europe in -40oc, been swimming with dolphins and dived on WWII destroyers in malta, I enjoy travel, camping, cinema, books.

In that case welcome to the site and good luck with the sale. Just wish I had the cash for the knife

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
To introduce Myself

you forgot to mention what you like in a woman :p

Welcome to the site. Lovely knife, would be tempted but im saving for a bernie :)

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
I'd be tempted at £150 but only to sell it on at a profit and fund my canoe.

Antonio, welcome to the site, you'll find everyone helpful and honest. I've not been able to find the last ebay sale of a RM knife but I'm sure if you put it on there you'd get double what you're asking for it.

Don't forget to use some of your extra profit to join as a full member on this site !!!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I've not been able to find the last ebay sale of a RM knife but I'm sure if you put it on there you'd get double what you're asking for it.

Ebay don't sell knives anymore...unless they did a sudden U turn I haven't heard of :rolleyes:

And welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE