Ray Mears Woodlaw Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I learned the hard way not to trust someone that comes on here with very few posts and immediately tries to sell something. There have been a few posts like this recently and they all seem to have something to do with Ray Mears.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Heath,

Would you like to have interesting and very costly communications with libel lawyers!
happy0054.gif

Perhaps edit what you wrote so that it no longer reads that 'actionable' way.............
happy0009.gif

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
I didnot think I would get so many replys for the knife. I think for now I will hang on to it and make you all envious, I'v got a mighty Mears.

"in the begining early man viewed the knife as a tool, now it is viewed as a weapon"
I think early man was right

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I think for now I will hang on to it and make you all envious, I'v got a mighty Mears..."

Envious? No not really, however some members are perhaps a little miffed about having their time wasted. You may wish to familiarise yourself with the forum rules and regulations before listing anything else in the member classified section.

The rules are here.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think the OP marked his knife up at a price, unaware of the prices they can actually command. After realising he could get more, he has withdrawn the item from sale. I don't see how that is breaking the rules. Yes, he could get more for it, I'd like to think people will not sour future sales he tries to make by pointing people back to this thread? It is his property, he can dispose of it or not as he wishes.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think it smells of sour grapes. Everybody spied a potential money making deal and all dived in. The greed is what alerted the OP. If we are allowed to make accusations against him, then my accusation should be OK to make too, no?

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
I think it smells of sour grapes. Everybody spied a potential money making deal and all dived in. The greed is what alerted the OP. If we are allowed to make accusations against him, then my accusation should be OK to make too, no?

Yep, you're free to make accusations like that, I have no problem whatsoever.

However, common decency from the seller would be to at least react to a polite inquiry by PM and not once in a while post some one liner as reply in the for sale post.
If the PM's received were to may then create a single reply, copy and paste will do the job and notify the senders.

I asked about some decent photo's of the knife not the tiny one or later the one with the different background also looked up the Russo's in Bolsover in the Telephone book and asked which one he was........... no reply, even after he replied to the post .............for me that signaled the end of any possible deal.

Cheers,

Bagheera

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I think the OP marked his knife up at a price, unaware of the prices they can actually command. After realising he could get more, he has withdrawn the item from sale. I don't see how that is breaking the rules. Yes, he could get more for it, I'd like to think people will not sour future sales he tries to make by pointing people back to this thread? It is his property, he can dispose of it or not as he wishes.

I didn't suggest that the OP was breaking the rules and wasn't trying to give the OP a hard time however over the weekend several members have sent a pm and received no response, although the OP has found the time to both log in and post comments.

Interested parties have been needlessly left in the dark.

The 'guidelines' for using the classified section suggest that "as soon as someone shows interest, take it to email and avoid bidding wars on the forum" in this instance that didn't happen.

:)

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales

I think this may have been true of a couple of people`s interest but not everybody, I`m sure that the majority wanded a 2nd hand woodlore at a good price. The seller was happy to part with this knife for around £150, is it not greed that has caused him to pull the sale?

I did not PM the seller or am I interested in parting with £150+ for a woodlore, I would rather a Bailey.........................*waiting to get stoned* :)

Hey, it`s my 2nd post here, wanted to make it a controversial one :)

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Yeah, things are ringing alarm bells here.

The Woodlore in my sig is indeed mine. So much a thing of beauty I cannot bring myself to use it. And as most Instructors are using Julius Petterson Woodlores now, a thing of rarity. I believe only Ray himself uses the antler version now, save for the few he gave out years back.

You raise a good point. That is exactly why I never bought one....I'd never use it...it is too darn nice.
Instead I have made a couple of dozen of these blades based on the same design........(plus other designs)
Oddly enough the very first one I made is the one that get's used most....

Not knocking the knife or anyone who has bought one, it is a superb blade and good on anyone who has one.....I just went down a different path :)

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Moan------- is that all you people ever do, I put a wilkinson Sword Woodlore knife up for sale, ..... give me some slack. Are you trying to frighten away a paying full member or what?

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Thankyou to the person who said I didnt pull the knife through greed, I pulled the knife because of all the negative comments that have apeared. Is this the way that you treat all new comers to this site. if it is you are a truly miserable bunch. I thaught this website was for people that shared an intertest for bushcraft not for nitpicking

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Thankyou to the person who said I didnt pull the knife through greed, I pulled the knife because of all the negative comments that have apeared. Is this the way that you treat all new comers to this site. if it is you are a truly miserable bunch. I thaught this website was for people that shared an intertest for bushcraft not for nitpicking

Hi Antonino.......whilst no excuse, unfortunately the human imagination does lean towards the negative. More so when the person is not present....
It is a shame.....it happens.....on the grand scale of things..it ain't that important really.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE