Ray Mears on Tour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
I got the first two tickets sold for Telford although it is actually in Oakengates, or was it Wellington?

Anyway, I'm worrying about what to wear. Tilley hat and US Army OG Poncho, or French DP Goretex with cap comforter?
Fixed blade or folder and if the latter SAK, Spyderco UK or Leatherman Wave? Will he expect to see my axe?
Should I go in the Landy, or Canoe up the Severn and hike in from Uriconium? Over or around The Wrekin?
So many decisions to make I may stay at home and watch one of his dvd's!

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
nobby said:
I got the first two tickets sold for Telford although it is actually in Oakengates, or was it Wellington?

Anyway, I'm worrying about what to wear. Tilley hat and US Army OG Poncho, or French DP Goretex with cap comforter?
Fixed blade or folder and if the latter SAK, Spyderco UK or Leatherman Wave? Will he expect to see my axe?
Should I go in the Landy, or Canoe up the Severn and hike in from Uriconium? Over or around The Wrekin?
So many decisions to make I may stay at home and watch one of his dvd's!

I went to his last one in tunbridge wells and even Ray Mears wore JEANS :eek: the most restrictive slow drying bit of clothing there is. Just shows he does own a pair. He also wore a bushcraft tactical shirt and nice leather shoes. No Knife, No Hat.

However that doesnt mean we cant all dress up like were going into the bush for a couple of months showing off all your nice clean kit.

I think ill wear my Swanndri bush shirt and a pair of forester trousers lol should keep me warm just in case anyone wanted to know that.

V

vance

i went to the outdoors show also mainly to try to get tickets into the world theatre to see ray mears but just missed it,ive just bought tickets for an evening with ray mears at buxton,looking forward to seeing him in real life(it would be nice if he does some booksigning after the show)
matt-w said:
It would be interesting to see how many BCUK members were actually at the outdoors show. I bet dozens of us walked past each other totally unaware. I even had my fleece on with my BCUK badge sewn on but no-one collared me (or they did and thought 'I'm not talking to that mithering **** lol)

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Have any of you chaps that have booked tickets for Buxton received your tickets yet? I can't remember if the lady asked me if I want to collect my tickets on the night or have then posted out to home :eek:

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Only booked mine Sunday so not here yet, however, the booking clerk did ask if I wanted them sending or was I going to collect on the day............. :)

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
matt-w said:
Have any of you chaps that have booked tickets for Buxton received your tickets yet? I can't remember if the lady asked me if I want to collect my tickets on the night or have then posted out to home :eek:

Tickets arrived yesterday....................great! :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Nightwalker said:
I've booked two front row seats at Poole! :D
Cant wait! :red: Fellow members let me know if you're going to the Poole one just so I can say hi.

I'll be there! :D - I'm in the front row of the back if that makes sence (gives better room and access for my Dad apparently!)

should we wear a ramson in our lapel or something? :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE