Raikey's 1800 post "Make something out of my free bits of Oak bonanza extravaganza!"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Couple of different ideas:

Glue five together, drill 9 x 19 holes or .45 ACP, sand and finish = Reloading bench cartridge block.

Glue, cut, sand and paint fluorescent orange = Safe chamber block / flags.

Shape, drill holes, sand, finish = Bore cleaning brush holder / block.

Gordy

Last edited:

NathanG

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2007
Southend On Sea
i'd cut them in half and build up a block, about the size of a knife handle ( can you see where im going here?) then drill a hole and turn it into- a knife handle!

i think the contrasting endgrain/side grain would be really nice.

failing that turn build a frame and turn them into a parquet pattern bread board.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Yes please :D I'm not quite sure what I'll make but I have a rough idea. Is there a time limit?

Andy

no,..just till it fizzles out,..lol...

just thought it,d be interesting to see how folks imagination works...

Southey just PMd me and asked for 800 pieces so he can make a statue of me for the garden,...

each to their own...

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hahahan that's so I can burn it down! Not sad matey, I'm preparing kit, on my third repack already, gonna go and rig my tarp, hammock and hammock pod now to fettle and fix anything that needs it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE