A cheap tool roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I'm starting to get a little collection of bits and pieces for carving and I'm getting a little tired of having tools spread all over the house and garage... and so is the other half!

After buying a small piece of shammy leather to wrap around the blade of my spoon knife I realised that I might be able to use a larger piece for a quick and easy tool roll. I managed to find a full size pelt type for under a tenner, roughly 600x900 which has worked out perfectly.

On a side note I'd been saving a cigar tube for years and it has finally got use as a small container for some tung oil and a piece of chamois to wipe down finished spoons and tools etc. I'll use the main chamois to wipe off so a bit of an all in one kit.

20220129_092017.jpg20220129_092052.jpg20220129_092124.jpg

Thought it might be a useful idea for a few of you

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I'm starting to get a little collection of bits and pieces for carving and I'm getting a little tired of having tools spread all over the house and garage... and so is the other half!

After buying a small piece of shammy leather to wrap around the blade of my spoon knife I realised that I might be able to use a larger piece for a quick and easy tool roll. I managed to find a full size pelt type for under a tenner, roughly 600x900 which has worked out perfectly.

On a side note I'd been saving a cigar tube for years and it has finally got use as a small container for some tung oil and a piece of chamois to wipe down finished spoons and tools etc. I'll use the main chamois to wipe off so a bit of an all in one kit.

View attachment 71999View attachment 72000View attachment 72001

Thought it might be a useful idea for a few of you
Nice! Add two lenghts of leather cord attached at one end of the roll and you can tie it up securely too.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE