Rachel Mears RIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
P7perfect said:
Death is nothing at all. They have only slipped away into the next room. They are still themselves and you are you, whatever you were to each other, that you still are. Call to them in the easy way you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as you always laughed at the liittle jokes you enjoyed together. Let their name be always the household word it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should they be out of mind because they are out of sight? They are waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.​
Grim times indeed for Ray and his family.....let us hope the words of Henry Scott Holland help them to find a way forward as they have done for others......

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Of course my deepest condolences go out to Ray and the family at this unhappy event.

PLEASE forgive my ingnorence but i only know Ray from his TV shows and books, i know many of you have met him and his family over the years.
Was Rachel his wife, sister or mother? I'm afraid the wording of the post could be taken as any of the above. I was not even aware he was married although i assumed he was.

If anyone could post a brief bio of his personal histroy it would be appreciated. I would very much like to e-mail the woodlore website to pass on my condolences but would like to get my facts straight first.

Many thanks to all in advance

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I have to say that I’ve been thinking a lot about this last night and today and it’s made me very sad. My best wishes go to the family and all that feel a loss at this time.

I’ve been thinking about appropriate behaviour for us as people who would like to send our best wishes and let Ray and family know that we’re thinking of them. Yet, give them the time and distance that’s appropriate at this time.

I’ve contacted Woodlore and asked for their advice, they said that it’s ok to email and that these will be passed on. It’s also ok to write and these will also be passed on. Please do not try to make contact for a few days as this is a time for family and close friends.

I know that there’s many people who’ve met Rachel and I hope that we’ll keep in our minds the fun loving woman with the contagious smile that we all admired.

The email address to use would be

And the mailing address is: info@raymears.com

Woodlore Ltd
PO Box 3
Etchingham
East Sussex
TN19 7ZE
U.K

A suggestion might be to label any letters to Ray and the family as personal.

I’m not sure what to say as my thoughts are quite ineffable and you’ve all done a splendid job of expressing the thoughts we all share. Thanks for that.

Tone

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
My deepest condolences to Ray and his family at this time. You are in my prayers.

Paul

P.S. to the guys of the site. I feel we should do something for a guy who has been an inspiration for so many here. Maybe a collection for Cancer research or flowers, any thoughts, as happy to help plan.

Paul

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
pibbleb said:
....P.S. to the guys of the site. I feel we should do something for a guy who has been an inspiration for so many here. Maybe a collection for Cancer research or flowers, any thoughts, as happy to help plan.

Paul

I agree! I think we should do *something* - raise some money and awareness? Sponsored bushcrafting? Donations to a named charity? I feel we should do something for one of our own..

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Great idea Paul - like everyone here I feel very sad at this awful news and would happily chuck a few quid in for some flowers or a BCUK donation to Cancer Research.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
This, perhaps, isn't the most appropriate thread to discuss what we could do so perhaps if anyone has any suggests they could PM me and I can drop Tony a line a line to see if it's ok to do something.

However, I agree with Tony's post when we says we should allow them time and space to grieve so please consider this when thinking of suggestions.

Thank you.

Paul

H

halo

very very sad news,my deepest sympathy goe's out to ray and there family.

great idea pibbleb keep us informed

halo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've been thinking about the idea of flowers, donating to a charity etc. Leave it for now and I'll find out what might be the most appropriate. I expect that something will come about and everyone that feels they can contribute in some way will get the opportunity.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
has i can gather she did get out of the office alot, and visted the events and training sessions on a reguarly basis. It was on such a lovely day in dunkeld that she made a few of us smile at her jibes at ray. condolances from Bear and malc
i will never be able to pick chantrealls again without her in my mind

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
we will all miss rachel she was a most friendly lady deepest sympathies and condolences to ray and his family from hobbit and myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE