Rachel Mears RIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Can l'erba fresch'e.lh folha par
e la flors boton'el verjan
e.l rossinhols autet e clar
leva sa vots e mou so chan,
joi ai de lui, e joi ai de la flor
e joi de me e de midons major;
daus totas partz sui de joi claus e sens,
mas sel es jois que totz autres jois vens.

When the new vegetation and the leaves appear,
when the flowers bloom on the branch,
and when the nightingale clear and loud raises
its voice and begins to sing,
I rejoice in the nightingale, and in the flowers,
and in myself, and most of all in my lady.
I am surrounded by joy on all sides,
but she is the joy from which all other joys come.

bernard de ventadorn 1147-1170. occitan troubadour
because death can never take away that joy, once shared....

My most heartfelt sympathies.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I've been thinking for ages on what to write, but as i have just conducted the funeral of the third family member this year that has died suddenly to cancer, I know that nothing can be said. Hang in there dude, it'll take time...

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
Thinking of Rachels family and Ray at this sad time.....

I had the pleasure of meeting Rachel and she was a gem. I also know that she was the backbone of Woodlore and without her, so many of us would not have taken the bushcraft road that we all love so much. We owe alot to her......... She will be sadly missed.

Steven

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
My deepest sympathies in this time of sorry to Mr Mears and his Family in this time of darkness...

"Low there do I see my father,
low there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
low there do i see the line of my people, stretching back through all time
low they do call to me, they bid me to sit with them, in the halls of Vallahlla,
where the brave may live for ever...."

A fitting tribute to one who put up such a brave fight, you and your family are in our hearts and our prayers in this dark time.. :(

Karl..

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Upon the lotus flower Asatsuyu no
morning dew is usura kiekeri
thinning out. hasu no hana

I dont know if Ray ever reads this site, but I found this it is a Japanese poem on the passing of the soul. To know such loss is such a deep saddness.

May 25, 2006
Cumbria
Have often read posts at this site but felt compelled to register tonight and contribute to the messages of support.
To lose a treasured loved one is one of the few remaining genuine human tragedies.
My most profound sympathy to the families.

leon-1

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do not wish to appear Crass, nasty or in any other way out of order, but Mr Mears and his family do require private time and not to be reminded every time that they look on line about this.

I lost a nephew last year and afterwards was very difficult for me, even though a lot of the people I knew sent condolences some of it caused me a lot of mental anguish.

Now I would wish to spare Ray and family any of this if I can.

As a result I am going to close this thread knowing that you will all be sensitive to the feelings of the family.

Finally as a whole from BCUK, I think I can say that we send our deepest sympathies to Ray and the family, we wish you well.

Reactions: Toddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE