Rab Storm Bivi - Any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
I have one of these, my first bivi bag. In terms of breathability they work well, I had no problems with moisture at all. The only thing I wasn't to keen on is the way that it zips up. It makes it slightly awkward to lie in because it is basically the same shape as a zip lock plastic bag, meaning that if you want your head out of it, you're head is on the ground. I hope you can make sense of that. Overall it's a good bivi bag and it might take a wee while to get used to it but it does what it says on the tin. Hope this helps
all the best

outdoorpaddy

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I think it depends on how big you are and what you'll be wearing (or storing with you) when you're in it. I find most bivvies a bit cramped and to say I'm not especially wide would probably be an understatement.

The military ones are a bit more roomy than most, so unless you have an aversion to green I'd recommend trying both for size before you make a decision.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Like the others have said, get the MOD one for bushy fun in the woods.

The goretex is much more durable than Rabs Hyperlite stuff, it's more geared towards tarping in the hills

Sep 14, 2011
Lincolnshire
I have one and would recommend it. I'm 6'1 and about 2ft across and it is a good fit for me - snug, but not cramped. Like most kit there isn't an ideal bivi, but the Storm suits my needs of being light, waterproof, comfortable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE