Quotations thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
It is better to live one day as a tiger than your whole life as a sheep.

However as Alison Hargreaves found this can have fatal consequences. I still had the utmost respect for her though.

and my personal favorite

And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Four Quarters, Little Gidding, pt. 5

Bill

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines. - Unknown

Dip me in jam and throw me to the lesbians - Me

To err is human, to moo is bovine - Me again

I think therefor you are - God

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
God created all men - Sam Colt made them equal!

Its not the size of your knife that matters - but what you create with it!

I might not like what you have to say - but I'll die for your right to say it.

No man is truely free while he allows another man to tell him he is.

Laws are chains we all wear as slaves of state.

A weak man will complain about that which a bold man will silently over come, yet in bemoaning his softeness only the weaklings voice gets heard.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
The pen is mightier than the sword - but it is by the sword that the pen is free to write :nana:

Only the squeaking clog gets the oil

Judge me not by my words but by my deeds - for words are cheap yet in action is a man's heart truely revealed.

Nobility is not a right born of breeding but a right born of thought and deed.

You believe you are right, so it is better that I am wrong in your eyes than to be seen as wrong in my own.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

When I was eating dinner for 10 minutes ago, I made up a new quote!
"It's not the way you do it that counts... It's the results!"

Cheers :uu:

Hogan

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2004
Scotland
Times fun when your having flies
Kermit the Frog

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
Anon

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
"We must all fear evil men. But there is a thing we must fear most... and that is, the indifference of good men!"
The priest in Boondock Saints

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
The quote of great truth (fellow engineers will understand) :eek:):

To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them. Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Normal people don't understand this concept; they believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it into a stun gun. No engineer can take a shower without wondering if some sort of Teflon coating would make showering unnecessary. To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimised and feature-poor toys.
:eek:):

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
A few I like The early bird may get the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese. Talk is cheap and lies are expensive. Shine it may, run it must. The last one is from a old cheif petty officer from my second ship when I was in the navy.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Saw this on a van today and thought it appropriate,

Moderator: unfortunatly its not approprate here! :roll:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them. Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Normal people don't understand this concept; they believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it into a stun gun. No engineer can take a shower without wondering if some sort of Teflon coating would make showering unnecessary. To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimised and feature-poor toys.

that makes me an engineer then :eek:):

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
What about these:

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

"luctor et emergo"

"All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40"

"Don't eat yellow snow"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE