Quotations thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
TheViking said:
I have to be honest: i've heard and seen that one so many times, it's drivin' me nuts! :shock: :yikes:

Believe me Viking, if you are really eating or rather drinking snow high up in the Alps, it does become a very wise saying :wink:

Lennart

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
A quote from 'New Internationalist' November issue.

Power cannot tell things as they are. For example, when it says 'terrorism in Iraq', it should ususally say 'national resistance to foreign occupation'.

Eduardo Galeano.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
A quote from Krishnamurti;

Without being simple, one cannot be sensitive - to the trees, to the birds, to the mountains, to the wind, to all the things which are going on about us in the world; if one is not simple one cannot be sensitive to the inward intimation of things.

cheers
Abbe

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
"Do you fear the force of the wind,
The slash of the rain?
Go face them and fight them,
Be savage again.
Go hungry and cold like the wolf,
Go wade like the crane.
The palms of your hands will thicken,
The skin of your forehead tan--
You'll be ragged and swarthy and weary
But--you'll walk like a man."

-Dan Beard.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Kim said:
A quote from 'New Internationalist' November issue.

Power cannot tell things as they are. For example, when it says 'terrorism in Iraq', it should ususally say 'national resistance to foreign occupation'.

Eduardo Galeano.

Yep. Seems when the people don't hear the truth, they feel better about their new found loyalties to those they fear the most. Themselves.

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantasm, a dream.......

From the Diamond Sutra.
Shakyamuni Buddha c. 500 BC

Hogan said:
If it don't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replaced anyway.
:)

That sounds like a true mechanic. Here's what an aeronautical engineer would have as reply: "When a plane crashes, we can trace down exactly which mechanic used a hammer to beat in a pin that didn't fit, damaging the lug, which eventually broke due to metal fatigue, causing several hundred passengers to fall towards their deaths. When something doesn't fit, report!"

And another engineer's quote: "I'm an aeronautical engineer. I have the knowledge to either make you feel completely safe in an airplane, or to make you never dare to step into one ever again." :wink:

Both are by me, and I have a whole bag more like these :)

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Rule for precision: Measure with a micrometer - Mark with chalk - Cut with an axe - Bash to fit! :yikes:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

-Me

If they ever come up with a swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.

If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

- Jack Handy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE