Quotations thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day.

Teach a man to fish, and you have ruined a perfectly good business opportunity :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
maddave said:
Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day.

Teach a man to fish, and you have ruined a perfectly good business opportunity :biggthump
:rolmao: :biggthump Good one.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
"Never trust an English household that makes you take your shoes off as you enter their home".

"Can't talk.......eating" - Homer J Simpson.

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes.
"I am, therefore I must be" - Monty Python.

"Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes".

"This looks like a complicated job, better get a bigger hammer", - My father, Ex-REME and British Airways machanic amoungst others I suspect.

"Go on, you'll be fine" - Several mates as I tried out our newly built "death slide" as a kid.

Hogan

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2004
Scotland
bambodoggy said:
"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes.
"I am, therefore I must be" - Monty Python..
"I'm pink, therefore I'm spam"
bambodoggy said:
"Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes".
Then you can judge him all you want, 'cos you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
From an "England's Glory" matchbox donkey's years ago..
"Diplomacy is the art of letting other people have your way"

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
To be is to do (I. Kant)
To do is to be (A. Sartre)
Do-be-do-be-do (F. Sinatra)
Yabba-Dabba-Doo! (F. Flinstone)

Haggis is a kind of stuff black pudding eaten by the Scots and considered by them to be not only a delicacy but fit for human consumption. The minced heart, liver and lungs of a sheep, calf or other animal's inner organs are mixed with oatmeal, sealed and boiled in maw in the sheep's intestinal stomach-bag and... [Excuse me a minute.]

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.

I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel
But it was just some Git with a torch bringing me more work !

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Quote from a recent Radio 4 comedy show.
"He sung like a horse?"
Women asking why a rather drunk girlfriend, out for the night, was not returning home from a first date and mishearing her a little :eek:):

I was in stitches. Why is it that some little thing can crease you in half... :)

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
"Do all the good to your neighbor you can,
do as little harm as possible,
and trust in God."

Daniel Boone's motto

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
"In the world I see, you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower... and when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway. "

Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

We can only hope.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE