Pure Lust - Don't know what to spend your Christmas Money On?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
How do you get vomit out of a keyboard?
I just had a tantrum coz my wife wont let me have one, an I screamed until I was sick...she still wont let me have one an has the cheek to say I am immature an selfish... wot happened to Xmas spirit?
Heart broken
John

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Cegga,

No one is being nice.

Your work is quite profound. Amazing does not begin to describe the wonderful craftsmanship and art you produce.

Astounding may come closer but is still insufficient.

I am waiting to see what British Red directs you to make for him, I believe the collaboration will be sublime. I am saving my pennies and reviewing other projects to see what I will cancel.

Bushwacker

Feb 21, 2006
Basildon Essex
I`m gobsmacked! I couldn`t bring myself to use an axe of cegga`s. my human hands couldn`t do them justice. even Thor would hesitate before swinging one of these creations. you`d have an audience every time you unmasked any of his work. :notworthy

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
The skill and craftsmanship is definitely amazing. But... why? Are they just display pieces? Or do people actually use them? Does Damascus achieve anything other than fancy patterns?

Just showing my ignorance here (and I'm probably a philistine too... ;))

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Guys,

To those of you who have mailed me to ask if they are available I can only say you will need to ask Cegga. I didn't post them as an advert or anything, just that I saw them on another forum and then Cegga sent me some more pictures and I was amazed - not just these damascus beauties but lovely regular steel axes too. Anyway, I am talking to Cegga about a regular steel axe which I will test and photograph extensively and post the results on the forum (I may be able to persuade a few of the local members to have a play too :D).

Maybe we can talk Cegga into joing the "makers forum" at some point or find a UK outlet or something?

Red

H

Heathenpeddler

Bushwacker said:
even Thor would hesitate before swinging one of these creations.
I think that hammer could have been made in the same forge as Mjóllnir, and the Gods themselves would que for your axes!

Marvellous work Cegga

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
That axe that not are used are a insult too the black smith :lmao:
But Yes I make some of them for special customers.send some too Russia there I just forge the head and they work the handle out.
And of course too Mjörner and Tor :D
Cegga

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
leon-1 said:
Red those are absolutely beautifull, you are almost bannable:D , Cegga you are an artist.

Red you are very naughty for tempting me to sell the other members of my family, after all an axe is not just for Christmas:D
I'll console myself playing with my axe mate :D

Iff' you don't ban me I might go for a pass around after I've given it a good workout!

Oh and he does cruiser axes too ;)

Red

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
I feel very humble and don’t think I will be putting my pathetic efforts on for a good while! But yes Cegga I aggree that it is something of an insult to the smith not to use something that has so much work in it. I think that you get some of the power of the crafsman from a good tool.
Good stuff m8.
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE