Pure Lust - Don't know what to spend your Christmas Money On?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi All,

Just helping out Cegga here who is an axe smith I encountered on another forum. I though you guys might appreciate his work. His English is much better than my Swedish but it was easier to link the pictures for him than explain how!

jpg0.jpg

Axe_1.jpg

knife1.jpg

jpg_009.jpg

Kopia_av_IMG_3611.JPG

You like :confused: ;) :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Middle one is a knife blade, bottom one is a hammer head - the end view of which is hog whimperingly beautiful

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Occasionally, and really not very often, you find someone with such skill it leaves you standing and staring. I'm just glad I had alittle time to think.

That is incredible work. Do you own these axes Red? Or do you aim to?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sadly I don't Dougster no. I only encountered Cegga recently and had much the same reaction that you have had to his work just plain "wow"! Hence why I wanted you guys to see what he does. Such skill should be appreciated.

We are chatting about a small "normal" steel axe that Cegga is going to make for me after Christmas (about a 40cm helve with a fully ground head in the way that Jimbo has convinced me improves performance). This should be in the reach of everyone, so I'll publish detailed photos and a review when its in my hands. If his work is as good as it looks it'll be a stunner. As much as I want one of the damscus ones (mostly the very top one), I thought it would be great to try out some designs in a working tool first. But, yes, I do aim to own one :eek:

Red

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Amazing work but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to actually start axing wood with one of those. I can't imagine hammering the head to split logs.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Dougster said:
Occasionally, and really not very often, you find someone with such skill it leaves you standing and staring. I'm just glad I had alittle time to think.

That is incredible work. Do you own these axes Red? Or do you aim to?
I certainly agree with that comment. Leaves me gibbering at the quality, outstanding. :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Rebel said:
Amazing work but I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to actually start axing wood with one of those. I can't imagine hammering the head to split logs.

I know what you mean, so the (first) one will look like this.

330253686_17ea62ed14.jpg

Could have gone for a Gransfors style forged finish but the smooth steel should improve performance (at least acoording to the experts)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh so it is :eek:

Well, I guess it'll be that shape but not damascus sadly :D

Still sharp and shiny is sharp and shiny - and I won't be afraid to use it

You should show them your titanium axes too Cegga - I've never seen anyone else work in titanium!

Red

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Oh my goodness!!! I WANT ONE
Does anyone need a slightly used kidney? It'll be listed in the classifieds in a minute.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Dear Father Christmas,
Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe ! Wanna dammy axe !

Ta,

Longstrider.

BTW guys, Cegga, Red... How deeply does Santa have to dig into the pockets on that big red coat in order to satisfy my lust and aquire an axe like the one at the very top of the post ? In my minds eye I can see something of that design the same sort of shape and weight as the GB SFA sitting atop a nicely oiled and perhaps stippled length of stained hickory (very similar to the GB SFA ) and I'm starting to dribble on my keyboard at the thought... ;) Isn't this the sort of thing that Xmas Bonuses were invented for?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE