Projects to come

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hey guys

What have you got planned for this year then? I'm planning several knives including a set of kitchen knives as well as several sheaths and some other leather projects

I also want to carve my first kuksa as well as a few spoons!

So lets hear what you fancy making this year!?!

Dave

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Well where to start... Silnylon tarp, Camp kitchen (for car base camp), backpack, Tent stove, forge and stuff to follow, plenty of mods to other stuff..... So many ideas, so little time. Always coming up with ideas so I have a little black book in my suit at work that I jot them all down in, makes me look busy when I'm not!

pwb

Some Cordura type nylon is coming my way , want to try making various pouches etc using the sewing machine. Well I'll see how the machine feels about that anyway :rolleyes:.

Got an old anvil and would love to try a bit of metal bashing sometime :), might even have access to an old hand cranked forge ...possibly.

Probably a bit of leather stuff too.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
This is going to be the year I make my first Kuksa. This time I MEAN IT.
I think I'll have a go at a Parang as well... and another coal forge.... and a new stove.......thats my evenings taken up then

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For me I'd like to make that treadle lathe and drawknife bench. Got the plans, got the talent, even got the wood, what I haven't got is the motivation when there are so many other little things getting in my way that need doing.

Plans to make myself a decent possibles pouch too and finally make a leather sheath for 2 of my best knives. One's my late Father's which I have memories of accidently cutting myself with when I was 5. I've cleaned it up and sharpened it and it's beauty (Solingen Monarch) just need a decent overcoat now.

I got chatting with an English nieghbour the other day and he's up for going camping in the local woods with me, so my solo camping could be at an end, he's going to bring along his two sons aged about 7&9 respectively. Should make for a fun time, so some overnighters will be on the agenda for this coming year. Maybe I can survive longer than 22 hours in the wilds... We'll see.

Biker

Last edited:

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
Going to attempt a spoon or two (without injury ;0)

Would also like to try and get some time watching and learning from more experienced people.

And the least likely to be completed (nothing to do with squeamishness) is to dig up and eat a razor clam.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
For me my first knife(first of many i hope),first Kuksa , clear my shed out of all the carp so i have somewhere to work when it rains,obtain some more bargains car boot style (drawknife especially) and try to get out on a few more overnighters or perhaps two nights out.

Darren

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Need to get the hang of sewing things, so i can bring to fruition all those 'great ideas' that I keep having.

Or I could keep giving them to SWMBO and saying "Pleeeeease?", as I have been doing until now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE