Possible woodland site for bushcraft.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
In my job I manage around 200 acres of parkland. I have several woodland sites one of which is a 14 acre site that is "Wild Wood". I am in negotiations to get this area used for Bushcraft. There may be a minimum cost, a ballpark figure being £5 per person per night. Also we are looking at the possibility of a Bushcraft/Woodland school renting the site too. It is in Heaton Park, North Manchester, just off Junction 19 M60.

Obviously this is an initial post to see what interest there is. Let me know your thoughts and if anyone would like to walk the site and look for themselves I can arrange a meeting to answer any questions etc.

Stenner.jpg

Last edited:

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
That sounds grand Dave! I would definitely be interested in this. If I could somehow get involved in that school as well, that'd be great. Interest registered!

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Always handy ot have another bushcraft site, there is never enough tbh, how is the wood for fire viability (are they permitted, is there suffienct wood on-site etc)?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
There is an abundance of dead wood... (too much to be honest) and fires will be allowed with the usual caveat of leave no trace. There would be no facilities in the wood, so it'll be cat holes and bring your own water in, but the wood is lovely.

I'll try and arrange a taster session for later in the year

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Definitely interested man!

I've been thinking about joining a wood/parkland volunteer group in Manchester for a while now, there seem to be a couple about that let amateur volunteers help with fencing&felling and such...any recommendations?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE