possibility of a Devon Meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Look for the the people who look like they think a ruck sack is a fashion statement! Seriously though, I dont think youll have any prob working out who is who, I'll probably have some bushcraft/military type kit with me as I want to go shopping at endicots while I'm there. I'll also probably be wearing a wooly pully.

Greg

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Hi all,

I've recently moved to Exmouth, so It would be great to meet some people down here. :)
greg2935 said:
Look for the the people who look like they think a ruck sack is a fashion statement! Seriously though, I dont think youll have any prob working out who is who, I'll probably have some bushcraft/military type kit with me as I want to go shopping at endicots while I'm there. I'll also probably be wearing a wooly pully.

Greg

If it's ok with you, i'll represent the long haired hippy side of bushcraft :wink:

James

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm sure they are',nt open on Sundays, I'll give Kev a ring and find out.
I know what James looks like, I have a vague idea of what Leon-1 looks like :yikes: , I suggest the rest of you wear a pink carnation in your buttonhole :wink: .
Neil

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
So.

Are we sure it is open on Sunday? If not then I would move it to Mill on the Exe nearby.

I thought of bringing one bushcraft item with me as identification - I will ask your opinion as to what it shall be:

1. Billy Can
2. Large black fungus for firestarting
3. Tarp
4. Obvious book on bushcraft
5. A pink carnation sandwiched between my butt-cheeks
6. Something else even more ridiculous for the lay-man but fascinating for the bushlander.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Not really the right place to ask but I have a spare copy of Ray Mears Bushcraft (the big book, softcover). Does anyone who is going to this meetup want it? I find it too big to lug around but it does contain some useful info.

Greg

leon-1

Right guys, there is a hitch in the plans for the meet up, Neil1 has found that The Well House will be closed for rennovation untill Tuesday next week.

As an alternative he has suggested that we meet at the Buckerell Lodge Hotel.

He may be able to get a function room for us to use whilst we are there, so if anyone wishes to bring bits of kit down to talk about that you would not get out in a pub, you could here (specifically edged tools).

Have we any other suggestions for a venue:?:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i dont know the area that well.. so i can suggest anything with out comming a lot closer to me.. which is really out of everyones way!

i dono if i can make it yet but will see what i can do!

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
leon-1 said:
Right guys, there is a hitch in the plans for the meet up, Neil1 has found that The Well House will be closed for rennovation untill Tuesday next week.

As an alternative he has suggested that we meet at the Buckerell Lodge Hotel.

He may be able to get a function room for us to use whilst we are there, so if anyone wishes to bring bits of kit down to talk about that you would not get out in a pub, you could here (specifically edged tools).

Have we any other suggestions for a venue:?:

That sounds a brilliant idea - solves the problem of us recognising each other too :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE