possibility of a Devon Meetup?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Can I have a show of hands for all those who might be interested in a meet up for an hour or two in Exeter one afternoon (preferably afternoon), might be nice to put faces to names.

Greg

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Okay in that case it looks like the only people who would have a problem are Artic hobo and leon-1, when would be best for you two? I would guess if leon works nights, late afternoon would be best, I do not know when Artic hobo works but assume it is in the day. Therefore would late afternoon suit (4pm-ish)? I am guessing most people would prefer weekends. Anyone know a good spot in Exeter (I've only ever been to the train station)? Oh yeah, I don't drive either, but then I can constantly moan about car exhausts and the damage done to the environment :nana:

Greg

leon-1

greg2935 said:
Okay in that case it looks like the only people who would have a problem are Artic hobo and leon-1, when would be best for you two? I would guess if leon works nights, late afternoon would be best, I do not know when Artic hobo works but assume it is in the day. Therefore would late afternoon suit (4pm-ish)? I am guessing most people would prefer weekends. Anyone know a good spot in Exeter (I've only ever been to the train station)? Oh yeah, I don't drive either, but then I can constantly moan about car exhausts and the damage done to the environment :nana:

Greg

Greg, I can make most days, my work can be very forgiving as long as they get a weeks notice or I can get a bit of leeway with flexi-time (effectively they have a couple of people that do my job, only one of them is willing to do nights, if they upset me they could be a little stuck :naughty:).

You are correct that after 4 is better for me as it takes a little time to become human again, especially after a full moon :eek:):

Effectively tell me the time and date and I will get there, I know Exeter to a reasonable degree, I do not drive either so can meet up with people at any of the 3 train stations to move onto any other locations from there.

Exeter Cathedral sits up on the hill in the town centre and is reasonably easy to get to (by train, when you come out of the main entrance to Exeter Central Station head left up the road towards the town center about 250-300 meters, at the T-juncution turn left 30 meters then take a right down an alley between two buildings, I can't remember what the shops are at the moment, you will come out in a nice square with the Cathedral pretty much infront and slightly left).

If you come in by bus it is quite well sign posted from the bus station and not very far, in fact the Cathedral is well sign posted throughout the city centre :).

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Well Tavern Cathedral Green or
Mill on the Exe (near Station) - okay pub with parking and large inside (does Cornish Beer and can sit outside (for all those hardy bushcrafters grrrrr!!!)

Mak

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
The pub sounds nice (which station do you mean?) but I think that the cathedral will be easier to get to and more obvious for everyone. Maybe we should have a BCUK flag to identify ourselves :lol:
After 4 is good on a weekday as I finish 4 30, and I could get evening off on a Saturday.

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Sounds good to me.

C U all then for an ale or two!

Mal

p.s. How will everyone know it each other? (Not that the Wellhouse will be busy then)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE