P9270133.jpg

Loads of space
P9270144.jpg

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Nice one Neil.

I guess that answers the question of roominess if you can fit inside.

I've got one but haven't had it out yet.

Looking at the door flaps i'm thinking of making them velcro closing myself.
Was that on your mods list?

Tom.

Hoping to make the jamboree next month.

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Cheers Tom.

Fuller review you know where. I've not decided on the velcro yet but I think that's the way forward.

I'll be fitting elastic loops in the peg holes to provide some side tension but that's about it.

Good gear mate; I'm happy with it.

Be nice to see you there mate.

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
I received one of these for my birthday recently and have now spent three nights in it, I love it:)
Nolightweight, I too pitched mine inside out the first time I used it lol

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
I'm not sure it is and I've been pondering that for a few hours now.
What do you base that on?

The reason I ask is that the UK eBay picture shows it the other way; the German eBay picture the way I did it.

The way I've done it there there is a 'pocket' for the pole to fit into, the other half cups over that.

I tried it the other way today and whilst pegging the rest out it came apart at the top.

Cheers for any info though.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
ah I see, is there anyone that would be able to organise this? Also just incase there is shall we make a list of people who are interested? just copy and paste the list:

People who are interested
-Bushcraftsman
-

People who are interested
-Bushcraftsman
ForgeCorvus (if its nearer to £20 then £40 delivered)

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
I was mainly concerned with the arm holes(air vents), that the rain would go through easier one way than the other, and, having it the other way puts the draw cord on the inside which is ideal for hanging my candle lantern from. I think the pockets are reversible.
All that aside it is a superb bit of kit either way round :)

Atb Matt

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Thanks for that Quarryman.

I don't know. I'll have another crack tomorrrow but it does seem confusing.

How did it work for you 'the other way'? It just gave way when I was pegging the rest out but I'll give it another go.

It's worth sorting this out because I feel (as do others) that it's good kit. I liked it first time out.

Very interested to hear your response.

Not tried the packing down method as yet; mine arrived boxed. Stay tuned; it's something I'm working on.

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Very quick update on 'the right way round'

Yes it does seem to work either way (go figure) BUT the 'proper' way as Quarryman points out does (would) prevent rain dripping in.

Good call mate. Nice one.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I came to an arrangement with the guy who approached me on these last week, it's on its way apparently so we'll see how it goes next time I'm out.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
So this looks like a good ol' piece of kit..now down to business....how do I get one? :D is someone organising a GB? or are we just going to get them ourselves?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
So this looks like a good ol' piece of kit..now down to business....how do I get one? :D is someone organising a GB? or are we just going to get them ourselves?

If you'd be interested in this I can pass you some details ....

I now only have two tents left, one is perfect and the other has three minor ring marks (small stains) in the canvas where I think it has been folded over metal eyelets whilst in storage. Marks such as these are not unusual with these tents given the length of time they have been in storage.

I can direct sell you the perfect one for £35 + 7.50 p&p. Or if you prefer, I can do the other one for £30 + £7.50 p&p AND I will include a FREE Warsaw Pact waterproof back pack in which the tent will neatly fit worth £5.99. The tents normally come in their separate loose components, although I send them out bound in a roll with sturdy buckle straps

I've got the "perfect" at a reduced rate so there maybe some mileage in a barter. He didn't include the backpack with the lower price but I didn't want it anyway.

I can PM you his details if you're interested

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Nolightweight....Do you think that if you were to suspend the top of the lavuu between two trees thus eliminating the need for the pole, there would be enough room for two? or would it be a squeeze?

Cheers

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Nolightweight....Do you think that if you were to suspend the top of the lavuu between two trees thus eliminating the need for the pole, there would be enough room for two? or would it be a squeeze?

Cheers

I don't see any reason why it can't be modded in some way and suspended. It has been suggested to me on some other channels. To be honest I'm sticking with the pole for now as it didn't hinder me much and I don't want to rely on trees being in the right place and lines up for this one. That might change.

As for can you get two in; dependant on body size I don't see why not. It will be a squeeze though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE