Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ok, here's a link for the Polish version of E-bay, (called allegro and generally not paypal friendly)

The tent's buy now price is about 2 quid. I'll have speak to my wife about using her account and sorting postage.

Count me in please Sam if this GB gets off the ground.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I will be at Swift Valley this weekend where one of the lads will be using one for the first time. I think it cost £24 all in from Germany. I'll have a good look at it for you all if you want. :D

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Ones like this are currently on evilbay at £29.99+£7.50 P&P
I'd like one, but not at that price

Whats the best that we could do as a group buy?

Nibe

Nov 19, 2007
The Netherlands
I have been told by the owner of a surplus store that the Norwegian army has the same system and he would get some. I don’t know if he is right but maybe the Norwegian system is made of some lighter materials.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Bloody hell, I was only joking! Seems there is a niche for them though. I'll keep an eye out, if loads of them go out then it could be worth getting one just so I can team up with another wierdo bushcrafter and make a teepee in the woods! Yaaay!!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Unless you've pitched your tent in a low spot, or on ground that's been so compacted that it won't percolate, it's usually not a problem. If it is, a trench can be scratched around the tent to divert the water.

Nah, doesn't do it for me.
I've slept in a Lavvu in the Arctic and can see how it works there, I don't see the need for one in the UK.
It's a nice idea and all that, but comes across as a bit gimmicky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE