Polish army tent - Lavvu on a budget ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I mentioned to a few of the guys at Achray at the weekend that I was bidding on ebay for one of these a few weeks ago but lost it in the last few seconds as usual.

polish.jpg

ploish2.jpg

polish3.jpg

Polish Army 2-man Canvas Bell Tent
Virtually NEW!!! Un-issued, never used!
Complete with sectional aluminium pole and pegs

Ideal for Camping, Fishing, Festivals, Scouts, Kids tent, etc
This genuine Polish Army Surplus tent is made from strong lightweight canvas. It comes in two halves which are attached together to form the tent using an aluminium 4-section centre pole and is easily erected in minutes.
Each half can also be used as a hooded rain cape/poncho (see photo). They have openings for arms, which double as tent air vents when closed.
The tent is listed as virtually new because it is un-issued and never used! It is superbly made and very strong. All in all, a very versatile quality product, which is to all intents and purposes new.
Only a very limited number available!!!!!!
Measurements: 2.5 metres diameter x 1.4 metres high
Weight: 3.4kg

Price £40 + £7.50 p&p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260480591459&ssPageName=ADME:X:SCO:GB:1123

I'm not sure if the link will open for you as it's a "second chance" offer from the seller to my ebay account. If you're interested give me a shout and I'll pass his details over.

They look like a pretty good piece of kit for the money but I'm going to have to say no myself right now as I've over spent my bushy budget this month.

No connection just thought a few might be interested

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Very expensive, they are selling for ten euros over in Germany so not a bad thing you were outbid! I'm asking my wife to get her sister to send one over.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have you seen one close up then Spam ? What's the quality like ?

Cheers for the heads up, £40 didn't seem to bad until you hear how much they're actually worth.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i,ve got one Rich :rolleyes: very well made piece of kit.the canvas material is very good. i,ve not used it yet.

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland
It is not worth it. It may look nice but it's heavy, (extremely heavy when wet), it's too small. It's not 2,5 m diameter- it is 1,8 m diameter at best.

40 pounds !!!???!!! You can buy it in Poland for 2-3 quid piece.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I'd buy one in a group buy! would be quite nice to have just to use on your own..even if they are smaller than said, still plenty of room for just you and your stuff...what do they pack down to?

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
infact id be very interested if they are as cheap as some people are saying, I've been looking for a "tipi" style tent for a while just to have for the sake of having...(I'm male...its to be expected:D)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Ok, here's a link for the Polish version of E-bay, (called allegro and generally not paypal friendly)

The tent's buy now price is about 2 quid. I'll have speak to my wife about using her account and sorting postage.

Traper

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Poland
Just remember that You need two "palatka" to make a tent.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow to show how small it really is.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
Ashley over at NaturalBushcraft.co.uk just posted a vid with one of these tents in it!

[video=youtube;6g07h9W97Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g07h9W97Wc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE