Pocket knife - what's yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I use a senrenmu carbon liner lock. Love it and it was a tenner delivered

20121117_121105.jpg

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I am a bit sad with my EDC I generally rotate a Byrd Tern that I match with a black metal clipper and a black thrunite torch. It's counterpart set is a Victorinox Alox solo with a chrome Solarforce torch and a chrome finish Metal Clipper. For work I rotate a Victorinox Super Tinker with a Victorinox Handyman.
On my key set I have another little Victorinox Alox knife.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Depending on circumstances (likely task(s), prevailing conditions etc) ...

A modded No.9 Opinel

A Spyderco FRN Endura or Rescue

A Dave Budd

Buck Trio

31PQFJ5C29L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(pic of Trio lifted from here)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I do have a Trevor Ablett (it's a Sheffield thing, you have to have one :)) but its a little weighty in the pocket of trousers.
I feel a trawl through Amazon looking at Wenger and Victorinox coming on. However a look for Joker may be in order too given the popularity. Must resist clicking buy however.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
go on. press buy...you know you want to.
then do the same with a gb outdoor axe.....

Stop it. The missis will kill me, then possibly hunt you down too :) probably not.
However I did drop into conversation last night that I bought that blade blank, I waited till she had had wine. It softened the blow. Need more wine for when I buy the antler for the scales and the brass pins :lmao:
Oh, and a sheath. Oops

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Opinel 6 in my pocket if I'm off to the woods, Colt stockman for when I'm in town and the little victorinox goes everywhere with me. It's getting a bit beat up now but I've carried that one for the past 10 years. :)

I also carry a Leatherman Wave if i'm working but don't really class it as a pocket knife.

8398746479_c9f463764d_z.jpg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The hook is for parcel tying and improvising ;) I've used mine to pull boot laces, get extra purchase on certain knots, a tamp for my pipe blah blah lol

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have a lovely Trevor Ablett bought last year when I realised he was still in business.I thought I'd missed my chance and he'd retired.I agree with Red ; Trevor's work is way too cheap.If he was in the USA his knives would be 200 dollars.It's my "posh carry" when I wear a suit.
EDC for my jeans pocket is a S&W 3 blade folder I got at the Bushcraft Show in 2011.Cheap , sharp (now), and very handy for all sorts of jobs.Weapon of choice for light carving & whittling.
For eating a nice olive handled Laguiole I've had for years but not street legal , or a Svord.
I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.
Cheers , Simon.
PS I know this wont go down well but I ?hate? Swiss army knives.I've never seen the attraction in a tool which does everything but so poorly.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I have a lovely Trevor Ablett bought last year when I realised he was still in business.I thought I'd missed my chance and he'd retired.I agree with Red ; Trevor's work is way too cheap.If he was in the USA his knives would be 200 dollars.It's my "posh carry" when I wear a suit.
EDC for my jeans pocket is a S&W 3 blade folder I got at the Bushcraft Show in 2011.Cheap , sharp (now), and very handy for all sorts of jobs.Weapon of choice for light carving & whittling.
For eating a nice olive handled Laguiole I've had for years but not street legal , or a Svord.
I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.
Cheers , Simon.
PS I know this wont go down well but I ?hate? Swiss army knives.I've never seen the attraction in a tool which does everything but so poorly.

:pokenest: fair point. I carried mine for years and used it for all sorts of stuff. Then felt the same. Wanted a 'true knife' and being in Sheffield, wanted local. However do see the merits of the SAK and should look at it again.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
My favorite EDC is a Victorinox One Hand Trekker German Army.

th_DSCN3595_zps77f35fdf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gordy

I have something similar in my pack as a backup knife. Mine locks the blade however and is just over legal length. Hence why it's in the pack and not one of my EDC options.
Learnt a new acronym today. EDC :) simple things

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE