Plumpton College

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Hi

I know its a long shot but does anyone or has anyone on here ever attended Plumpton College in East Sussex. They run Bushcraft and other Outdoor courses which can last for 10 weeks plus over the course of a year.

www.Plumpton.ac.uk

They have quite a wide range of Courses not just centered around the Outdoors if anyone is planning to attend or has any information on what the course was like I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Hi

I know its a long shot but does anyone or has anyone on here ever attended Plumpton College in East Sussex. They run Bushcraft and other Outdoor courses which can last for 10 weeks plus over the course of a year.

www.Plumpton.ac.uk

They have quite a wide range of Courses not just centered around the Outdoors if anyone is planning to attend or has any information on what the course was like I would be very grateful.

Thanks

ISTR that Polecat Paul did a course there.

Chris

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
Hasn't one of Woodlore's instructors/assistant instructors come via that route? Can't remember a name, just seems to ring a bell - check out the instructors page on their site.

Duncs

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Woodcraft School worked in partnership with Plumpton on the first Instructors course back in 2003. I was on that course and it was very good - John is an excellent and experienced instructor.

I spoke to John at WG yesterday and it appears that the course is now run solely by Woodcraft School - but still in Sussex. John is now able to act as the Internal Verifier (the course is still verified externally as well) and the current course attendees I spoke with were very happy with it.

I have very fond memories of the course and took away an awful lot from it.

Hope that helps.

Bob:)

GoEnviro

Life Member
May 3, 2008
Cardiff
Ive just finished an Advanced woodcraft course with John assisted by Nick a student from the Plumpton course and Phil a student from the woodcraft school instructor course and it was excellent.
Really informative, full on education no time wasting for the duration of the course, good food, good camp set up.
Excellent morals, excellent advice, excellent training, just plain excellent, and I'm sure all the other students would say the same.
As for the instructors course; from what the instructors say - an excellent course well worth doing, you will certainly learn a lot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE