Fjallraven Trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Load of rubbish those Vida pro’s..catch your toe nail on them lace hooks when putting on?
Catch your fingernail on the small thigh pocket button/stud when gushing your hand in to the hand warmer pockets, especially when the hands are cold?
Why no option for knee pads?
Get them wet & they take an age to dry.
They rip easy.
There expensive.
I now buy a make called Percussion bramble.. £30.00 & lasts an age.

With all due respect, the OP stayed he is 6'5"... the trousers you suggested as far as I can tell have a set inner seam of 30"...

I'm in the same position as the OP... v tall... 30" trousers...might aswell call them shorts.

So far fjallraven are the only decent set of trousers (as I find them great) that satisfy the fit. I'm sure there are plenty cheaper and less expensive trousers out there, well we all know if you can get better quality for less then it's a winner, but if they don't fit then it's a bit pointless.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Load of rubbish those Vida pro’s..catch your toe nail on them lace hooks when putting on?
Catch your fingernail on the small thigh pocket button/stud when gushing your hand in to the hand warmer pockets, especially when the hands are cold?
They rip easy.
There expensive.
Mine have knee pad pockets...

I agree the lace hook can be annoying if it slips out and get caught on stuff (in my case, my hand-knitted socks).

I've never caught my fingers on the studs, but I do it all the time on jeans. What I do find annoying is the typical Fjällräven trouser clicky noise of the press studs bouncing off eashother if you haven't done the flaps up. :)

I've never managed to rip a pair of Vidda pro, so well done you for getting out there and really getting up close and personal with nature, although the stretch fabric on the Keb ones seems a little bit more prone to catching on stuff, but I've never ripped them either.

But if you've found a different make and model that you are happier with, then that's great!

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What works for one doesn't always work for another. Of course Scottie is quite right about the size criteria. If it ain't available with leg length of a giraffe then it's shorts not trousers!

I might have exaggerated for comic effect, much like 30" long trousers would give me. I don't think I suit capri pants. Lol!

I once needed new trousers desperately. I had no luck finding any for a few months before my old outdoors trousers failed. It pays to have backups but I didn't back then. So I got the longest pair I could find. A pair of Rab softshells in brown. Not a good look. I was OK with boots but it was the time I was switching to fell shoes when on the fells.i know half mast is an acceptable fashion choice now but I was a kid in the days when half mast was not a good look and got you picked on by anyone at school who sees you. Add in the fact back then drainpipes were what everyone wore and I had what they called flares those rabs had that look when worn without boots.

Enough sob stories about how outdoor clothing brands don't cater for tall only short or average.

If you want long leg trousers for serious outdoor use check our Haglofs. I know they've kind of gone mainstream but they used to do trousers the match of fjallraven. Long leg length, virtually armour plated toughness, good design/articulation and plenty of pocket options.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
They rip easy.
There expensive.
Sounds like you shouldn’t be trusted with trousers.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Wearing mine right now and just noticed they do have knee pad pockets...

I actually bought some montane terra pants from go outdoors yesterday. Very lightweight, who knows how hard wearing, but I needed some lightweight, cool outdoor trousers (vents on the side) for an upcoming vanishing act and they had good length in them.

Reactions: SaraR

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Rab do 34 inch leg (I think) but a company called revolution race look like they do on their website) if I checked correctly do a longer inside seam.

Take a look at these :

Not a big fan of fjallraven too heavy, pricey and all the above mentioned

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I got a pair of rab softshell trousers decade plus ago. Back then they were the longest I could find near me. They were a little too baggy and not really long enough for me. They were supposed to be 34" waist and X long leg which was also supposed to be 34" leg. That was my jeans size which fitted me but the rab ones were short. Maybe they do longer ones now. Now street legwarmers offers lengths in xl and xxl even xxxl in highstreet chains. Outdoor brands don't offer much longer than 33" regular length or a short length. Fjallraven seem to be one of the few that do. The only ones i know about are all Scandinavian brands, surprise surprise!

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
You can get Rohan bags that are incredibly long in the unfinished leg version. Granted they are quite lightweight but they are sooooo comfortable. I use them for hiking and if it gets windy put waterproof trousers over the top...cuts out wind but you don't sweat because the rohans are quite light. Had mine for years, used almost daily and lasted for years...but fade quite a bit. Can't believe how tough for such a light trouser.. also coolest trousers for summer...cooler than others lighter polyester rohans i had.Also used and abused for gardening...no rips or tears, fabric still not wearing thin...don't know how they do it with such a lightish material..too thin for winter though...get them on sale 35 to 40 quid..I never pay full price for them

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
revolution race are Swedish brand I think so hopefully might be worth checking.
Forgot about Rohan definitely good, light comfortable hard wearing enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE