Plans for the weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got to go into Celle tomorrow, looking at a canadian canoe for 300€ brand new. The missus will be doing her shopping, clothes and the like!! Sunday is bushcraft day, a short trip out and about in the local forests, hopefully I will see the family of wild boar that I stumbled upon last time I went out!!

On Sunday I will be trying the bannock recipe I got over at BB, I tried it in the kitchen to get what I think is right in the way of measurements, and I will be using the spoon I carved over the last few weeks to measure the mix. In addition to my normal kit, I will be taking my frost crook knife and my small frost whittler, along with some of the maya sticks that scalpel sent me, I recieved them all in the post on the same day and thought it was christmas!!

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, and I hope the weather holds out. What are you up to this weekend?

spamel

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Willow bast rope making.....I need 50 fathoms worth for an oat straw basket.
Why basket makers measure rope in fathoms escapes me though :confused:
Oh and I got plain green goretex for £3 a metre :D :D and it's my husbands birthday at the end of the month and he's casting covetous eyes at my fabric stash ;)
Anybody know where I can get seam sealing tape for goretex at less than £1 a metre? The d*** stuff is going to cost me more than the fabric did for the jacket!
Cheers,
Toddy

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Saturday I'm taking the dogs for a good long walk and have a bit off a forage at the same time.
Sunday morning I'll be helping the warden take a group on a guided walk around Crowle Moors. This walk is open to anyone that wants to come, just be in Crowle Market Place for 9.30 Sunday morning.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I am going to meet a local landowner to discuss renting some woodland. Fingers crossed it should be good for bushcraft and secure enough to leave some kit behind.

Sunday is Archery and bowdrill practise.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
saturday i will be going out for a paddle in my new toy a sit on top kayak
sunday i will be going down the woods for a walk and a foage

but first i need to get re hooked on bcuk :) :) :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
My weekend.....Trying to catch up on neglected Uni assignments (2 that should ahve been in 3 weeks ago!), play with the kids and maybe get a few minutes to sit outside, under the parachute and read!

Have a great weekend guys and girls, just relax and take it easy ;)

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Today will be taken up with looking after and playing with my little boy, also reading past threads that I missed. Tomorrow, hopefully take my son for a walk in the woods, he's only 5 and likes to make noise, trying to get him to be quiet and to look and listen to his environment. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Brian

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Not such a great one for me...I got me A levels coming up...Today im going to Abergavenny to visit my English tutor (which is good, not to sound ungrateful). Then tomorrow i have got to catch up on all my notes :( .

But come 29th June and i will be one happy camper (see what i did there?? :rolleyes: ;) )

Cheers...

brynbach

Mar 1, 2005
North Wales
spamel said:
On Sunday I will be trying the bannock recipe I got over at BB, I tried it in the kitchen to get what I think is right in the way of measurements, and I will be using the spoon I carved over the last few weeks to measure the mix. spamel

Me too today, I'm adding some mixed spice to the mix (1 spoon) to boost the flavour. All measured with a spoon I carved out of some sycamore last month - beautiful colours in the wood!

Carl

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Been cutting out the leather for my first sheath at long last....now I'll see how long it takes me to get around to glueing and stitching it !

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I went into Celle to look at canadian canoes....

.....Pricey would be an understatement!! Seems the cheap ones have either been sold, or didn't exist in the first place!!

We found a little restaurant where my wife enjoyed a lovely rump steak, whilst I decided on steaks of Ostrich!!! And very tasty it was too. A good day out, and bushcraft day tomorrow, I hope the weather continues to be glorious :D

Spamel

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I was heading down to the high desert to help out with Hanblecya (vision quest), as several of my bro's are up on the hill praying. Was going to do some camping and bushcrafting while there, but my wife had foot surgery a couple of days ago and she is having a difficult time of it, so of course, my priority lies here with her.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
RovingArcher said:
I was heading down to the high desert to help out with Hanblecya (vision quest), as several of my bro's are up on the hill praying. Was going to do some camping and bushcrafting while there, but my wife had foot surgery a couple of days ago and she is having a difficult time of it, so of course, my priority lies here with her.
I hope your wife heals quickly RA.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Great way to spend a Saturday evening... turning sticks into shavings whilst smoking a few cigars and drinking a few John Smiths. nice.

DSCF0007.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE