Planning a winter trip to Norway what do I need ,, Hmmmmm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
After much mincing I have now sorted out my boots for the trip a pair of British Army AB30 cold weather boots size 11L ( The L is the width fitting so these are wide , work well for me :) ) £ 55 plus postage new from ebay,

Plus pair of British Army DPM snow gaters £10 from AndyBB , hard work to get on be I think thay will be worth it .

003-11.jpg

001-10.jpg

Happy days

Thats me sorted

Twodogs

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Yip I have sent off for my passport will take pics of all my kit and post it up tomorrow working tonight :(

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Some things I did not see in the initial photos include

European Health Insurance Card
Wide necked 'comfort break' bottle
Spare belt to wear over your clothes
Large ball of 2mm nylon twine
Wetwipes, you can't have too many wetwipes.

Have you used the Ridgerest kipmat in snow before? I find that they trap snow in the ridges, I had to cram mine into a bivi bag to stop this from happening.

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
All good stuff thanks for that .

Ridgerest yes I am aware of the problem in snow I will be using it in my jervens bag and will make my best effort to keep snow out .

Twodogs

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I have my EU health card loads of extra cord will be had relief bottle no chance dirty scutters get up and go wet wipes will just freez flask and flask cover to keep water warm over night to melt snow easily and wash with cloth and soap for me. Will take backpacking fast decomposing TP.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
relief bottle no chance dirty scutters get up and go wet wipes will just freez

You'll start to see the benefits of a 'relief bottle' as you get older:eek:. I should have been more specific re: wet wipes. The ones I use are antiseptic wipes with a high alcohol content, useful when combined with hand cleaning gel for a quick clean up after (or prior to) food preperation.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I'll have a look out for some high alcohol content wipes and give them a try if the don't work it's fuel for the fire:)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Anyone needing foot powder or other expense stuff the the trip just let me know and I will bring it to the kit check. Will post a list of my main and group kit over the next week once it full sorted and packed :) can edit as I go :)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
i did not get a chance to take the pics today as planned as i had family stuff to do and spent seven and a half hours unpicking a pouch and sewing zips and a webbing strap to my berghaus vulcan strap for a admin pouch on the lid and the zips for a third pouch here is a pic of it finished.
DSCF0173.jpg

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Right here are some pics of most of my kit I am taking not quite all of it pulk and bergans pics missing as its packed now but would be to noisy at this time of morning to take pics of it on the pulk.

sleeping in on and night wear in the yurt

base layer

top layer

mothership coat with Swiss hat.

day mitts and spare flees insoles.

AB30 boots with yeti gaiters snowshoes and snow poncho.

mukluks and some other clothing items mukluks are for use in and around the yurt.

repair kit wash kit toilet kit FAK and spare clothing to be worn on trip home.

water and eating kit and some odd bits.

comment welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE