Pioneer House

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I saw it too:) will be good to see all the old tools and ways of doing things that will appear in the background and did in the last episode, axe heads, fire steels, sugar loafs, old ways of storing food. It looked like something pretty serious was going to happen to one of the people the way the first episode ended, I hope no one dies:( but that would bring I closer to the original reality of the 1600s

J*

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Could be but by the state of some of the others it sounded prety serious maybe it was just good editing and production but it certainly got me wanting to watch.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
"such men as Sir Francis Drake and Sir Walter Raleigh made huge profits from overseas adventures."

Yes, because they were originally nothing short of glorified 'licensed' pirates...

Anyway, let's hope that they remember that the people on the Mayflower and the like, were 'well off' townies, and not country folk who would have been accustomed to 'surviving' in hospitable environments. So could you imagine the average city trader and the like doing a similar type thing today? No wonder they needed the turkeys...

Watched it but didn't like what the mayors wife said when somebody asked her if the Indians were dangerous
"Have you not watched the 10 o'clock news!"

Its this mentality that has seen the demise of indiginous people all over the planet.
Obviously the mayors wife lives in her nice,safe and white suburbia and takes her 2.4 kids to football practice in her V20 gas guzzzling all terain tank while the true Americans live in segragation and poverty having seen there land stolen from them.

Next time she sits down to her thankgiving dinner she should remember who she's giving thanks too!(The indians who helped her forfathers through the early years that she is now re-enacting).

Sorry for going off on one but that just gets by back up :eek:

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
jdlenton said:
Could be but by the state of some of the others it sounded prety serious maybe it was just good editing and production but it certainly got me wanting to watch.

Well it certainly was serious. Horrible thing to happen to anyone, but it looks like the family are coming back to the program - beats me why, though..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE