Petzl E+Lite ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Looking for a headtorch to replace my cheapo £3 number. Really attracted by the small size and the fact it comes in a case. Do you think this would do as a primary torch or is it best kept as a backup?

I'm looking to spend £20-30 if anyone can recommend me something better? Small size prefered, and please no rear battery packs..

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I have one it's the older E lite without the whistle..
Anyhow I use it as a main torch for around the camp / hut.. For that it's fine enough light and the battery life is very good. It's very light and the box thingy it comes in is handy for storage.

If you were planning on using it for technical walking at night or alpine climbing then I'd probably say invest in something with a better beam.

HTH

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I have a Petzl E+Lite and I have used it many times as my main light for camping trips n stuff like that.
I wouldn't use it as a main lamp if I was going on a night hike though.
The light output is a lot less lots of modern head lamps, but like I say it's really quite impressive for the size.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i,ve been thinking the same,..but i reckon as a main user , the battery would be an issue,...

not the burntime (which i think is fairly good) ,..but the fact that none of my other gear (or anyone elses) uses the battery in the + lite,...

for this reason alone i,d go for the Tikka II... and keep the +lite as a back up ,

Just my opinion tho bud,....

i dont have a back up,..but i would like the +lite to put in the pack and "forget about" if that makes sense,....

Cheers

Stu

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got the original one as a freebie in a parcel, it's not my main user (Zebralight H51) but it goes round my neck in the hammock. It's so small that you don't notice it's there, but it's really handy to have if you need to water the plants in the middle of the night or just read a book for ten minutes.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Availability of the batteries was something that had not occured to me. On that basis, and because heinnies had it in stock, I ordered a Tikka Plus 2. And I still have 45£ burning a hole in my paypal account.. hmmmmm..

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
you made a better choice, e light is fine for tasks that involve close up objects of just around the tent but anything further than that and it just doesnt have the reach....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE