Peace shattered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No it isn't. He didn't want to run an outdoor activity centre, he wanted to grow food. He would have made a go of it but for vandals and trespassers. You may think thats okay. I don't.

Its exactly the same as saying if someone breaks into your house and defacates on the carpet, rather than clean up, should you make a bit of money by turning your spare bedroom into a public convenience? You know - for the community?

Its not about "community" or "rights". The community have NO rights to trespass on private land. None. You may choose to excuse these criminals, but they damage peoples lives in the same way as other people who choose to break into house or cars. People DO have to pay to clean up after them and committing criminal acts that take money out of other peoples pockets is simply not okay, nor should it be condoned or appeased. It should be punished. If you feel differently, genuinely, don't tell your farming neighbours if you get some land in England. Really, you won't be popular with people who have to put up with land vandalism rather than just talking about it. Community is about the will of people who actually live and work in it - I suggest if you are lucky enough to get some land that you listen to the "land owning community".

red

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
You may find most landowners up here in Scotland have a point of closer to mine.

Perhaps comparing someone defacating on my carpet to using the land as they want is a bit of a crass comparison too.

I tried to reason with you Red, but I've failed. I'm out of here before it gets political.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We all have our views Rob. I find expecting the victims of crime to set up leisure clubs for criminals pretty crass myself.

I'm out as well - I hope you feel the same when your fences are damged, livestock loosed and crops damaged

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Why should younger folk respect others? The education system has failed, teenagers leave School clutching a wad of GCSE certificates which are all but worthless in terms of knowledge, the 'A' is so poor that some universities are now asking prospective students to sit an entrance exam, you can't tell a child they have or are failing as it may upset them, discipline is now illegal in Schools and all of a sudden when they are out in the woods getting crap faced on cheap 'wife beater' cider, having a fire, burning a fence, chewing up the land with a vehicle, some bloke (or female) says "move on". Given their background which is 'I can't fail, I can only be right', they will tell you to get flucked.

Its not ignorance on their part its only what they have been told; we are to blame for allowing the decay, the rot to set in.

While I agree 100% with British Red on landowner rights I fear we have passed the point of rectifying matters. Decline in education started back in the sixties so its taken almost fifty years for us to end up in this mess and at age fifty five I can't see things improving during my time remaining on this earth :(

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey guys, lets leave it at that now shall we. I just came home early one afternoon cos' the noise from motorbikes had stopped my wildlife watching on the first cracking day of the year so far. Never thought I'd be opening up such an issue which has proven interesting nonetheless. It seems there are varying degrees to this that cannot be labelled or categorized, and we all like to do both of those. Needless to say that I am sure that no one here would zip around on motorbikes with no regard for anyone else, be rude when confronted with an idiot who is.. wait for it.... walking, and use petrol to set fire to an oak tree and dead birch.

This debate is spinning of onto a tangent that I never fore-sore and I would like to end this thread before it goes too political with too many personal feelings. Cheers folks.

Last edited:

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wasteland seems to be the most appropriate site for racing mini motorbikes... for those who must.

Around here the old coal shale bings...

are a very popular site.

Actually, around here the natural resources people like to protect old gravel pits. If left "un-fixed" they are a very special biotope, one that is not seen much any more.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Actually it isn't. No offence but he didn't have any "useless land". He had carefully managed coppice land (destroyed by off roaders on two and four wheels), he had spring wheat (mistaken for grass and churned up). I could go on.

It really, really annoys me to hear what he, (a man working 90+ hours a week) should have done to accomodate people because they were bored. There is nothing that he "should have" to do to amuse people who carry out criminal activities. He "should" be able to make a living by working very hard.

Still, never mind eh? At least those who don't have to work that hard had their fun by breaking the law. Thats the main thing.

Red

As sad as it is that your mate lost his farm, to be doing all that hard work for nothing just shows how it's all changed these days.
Why do ninety hours a week when you can do fifty and still make the same money?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE