Paypal; how to move funds from ones bank account into paypal account?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Paypal takes money from your bank account or credit card as requisite to meet your buying costs. Your Paypal balance will only increase when people pay you via Paypal, then when you buy more it will use the balance as the funding source before drawing on your bank account.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Paypal takes money from your bank account or credit card as requisite to meet your buying costs. Your Paypal balance will only increase when people pay you via Paypal, then when you buy more it will use the balance as the funding source before drawing on your bank account.

That's not quite right.

You are able to add funds from what ever bank account you've linked it to into your paypal account but as Dreadhead said it takes up to 5 or 6 days to show in your account. It's a ploy by Paypal to make a bit of interest on your money as they hold the payment.

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
That's not quite right.

You are able to add funds from what ever bank account you've linked it to into your paypal account but as Dreadhead said it takes up to 5 or 6 days to show in your account. It's a ploy by Paypal to make a bit of interest on your money as they hold the payment.

Ahhh, I thought it would be instant, or nearly, thank you.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I thought you needed to have a debit card registered?
When I pass money across using my First Direct account it appears instantly. I know for a fact that if you were to make a payment using Paypal but don't have a crad registered, it can then take around 5 days for the payment to be made to the seller, but it's instant if you have a debit or credit card on the account.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE