Out and about Catch-up Thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all.

Its been a while since I posted some pics of trips so thought I would just chuck them all in one. Like most time in the woods has been a rare occurrence over the past couple of years. Anyways enough babble and onto the pics.

This was last weekend. I dug out an old bow that was used as a test bed for several types of finish and design. What worked was then put into 3 commissioned bows and this poor thing left sat in a corner. Strung her up with an old tillering string, no serving rough n ready and she shot really well. Pulls about 45@27 and just starts to bend in the handle for the last couple inch. If you turn up the volume you can hear the autumn wind in the woods as well as that satisfying thump. ;)
Also some axe lobbing :) My first try at this but quickly found its just like knife throwing.

VKmb5BF.jpg

IgAXBau.jpg

SSsUvvh.jpg

lfsHfMj.jpg

Almost set camp on this little guy!

zd9EakA.jpg

View from my window.

SSfMh6H.jpg

We also took the opportunity to do a little plinking.

TlbkG4G.jpg

Making some blisters. Elder on Clematis

7sVGugD.jpg

Some Wreath making. Really do need to remember gloves, holly is a killer.

kEtcGEf.jpg

This one nearly ruined a weekend.

msgUcW1.jpg

Bunch of random cooking, craft and general woods stuff type photos :)

eo8SJWU.jpg

qxUIU64.jpg

vDWeeau.jpg

gh9MAa5.jpg

W5RHLNS.jpg

Z3BlEob.jpg

3kk9sGh.jpg

Llr7Q6l.jpg

5D9MlM4.jpg

Quick paddle to work off some of that food.

CfYdtpN.jpg

Thats it for now folks thanks. Will try dig out some more soon.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
All of those look great. I think I like the idea of saving a few trips to make a collage; it gives a sense of looking back over the months. That bow is beautiful. Have you ever made a recurve?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
All of those look great. I think I like the idea of saving a few trips to make a collage; it gives a sense of looking back over the months. That bow is beautiful. Have you ever made a recurve?

Thanks. That bow has a slight recurve at the tips, static. I have made quite a few reflexed bows but too much reflex is hard to keep in a self bow which all of mine are. However been a long time since I have had the time to make a bow :( Hoping to change that soon, especially now as I have some more cherry to play with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE