Other Pastimes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
although i love bush craft(see i'm calling it bush craft already!), i rarely get the chance to do it,
i have to do a sort of cross between bushcraft and survival.

other things,
mountain biking(with skills in the down hill, and trials areas).
jogging/keep fit/yomping what ever gets me fit quickley.

family camping.
walking/hiking

they all sort of cross over really don't they? :roll:

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Piking with a fly is something that I have wanted to do for a while, and I hoped to get some done this year. Alas - I think that I will get out for some pike over christmas, but not with a fly.

Have a mate who had caught a lot of Pike on fly - he is promising me a trip - i will have to rattle his cage :AR15firin

Get someone to lend you a fly rod and stick something big and hairy on it - that seems to be the method :twisted:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Just found this old thread in a search. :eek:):

I'm into airgun shooting, dog training, sailing (whenever it's possible), reading good books and a little computer stuff too. :wink: :nana:

And very soon hunting also! :D

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I like a few dangerous sports including mountain biking and going after young women. I really liked going camping using the bikes and hope to do it again when I get the chance

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Aside from sustaining my spiritual values, enjoying my family and extended family, as well as the obvious of archery, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, I enjoy browsing a few sites including BCUK, have an interest in learning the traditional ceremonies, stories, cooking and lifestyles of different NA peoples. I also enjoy working with leather, but not too good at it. I really like making things from items scrounged or gathered from the Earth. Making arrows, knapping points, gathering wild plants for food and medicine (physical and spiritual), playing with knives and wood. Umm, I guess most of what I do can fall under bushcraft. :?:

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
surfing (only when the waves are small because im not that good)

and weather watching - i'm obsessed with knowing what the weathers going too do.

cheers gb

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Photography,mainly portraits but itching to do more landscapes.

Shooting my Air Rifle

Reading

History

Film.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Sea fishing,used to do karate,photography though i,m not that good at it,water colour painting,have,nt done any in a while.I would like to do more of these but my job does,nt allow me much time so therefore, the free time i do get i try to get out and do something bushy instead.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Books, Scouting, Roleplaying and LaRPing, Airsoft, game design, History, Progressive Rock, Devonian Rock, Chris Rock (sorry, the last 2 are me getting silly), and satiric humour.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
:yikes: all your guys who like Photography should be putting your pics in The Photography Thread :nono: :wink:

my other pass times include:
Fishing (Fly and Sea)
Walking
Kayaking (and Canoeing when i can get me mits on an open boat)
Rowing (real rowing non of that sculling :***:)
Lensed Based media of all kinds!
Reading

forgot to mention Archery.. and just getting in to Knife making.. and collecting :roll:

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
We all seem to have similar interests. Go figure.

Scouting
Martial Arts=Judo, Jujutsu, Tai Chi and would really love to study Jodo or Jojutsu but there are no instructors here in Ireland.
Sketching, Painting,
Watchig wild live,
Reading,
Movies
Gardening
But the hate the most yet spend most of my time doing is Decorating my house. :cry:

I am also doing a management course in the evening which takes up time studing and doing study but it will be finished in April and I am free to fill the time with what ever I want. More Bushcrafting is my aim.

James

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I've dabbled with Jodo but kept hitting myself with it. I'm still a lot better at that then I was with the Nung Chuks.

shower curtain poles are great for starting out with, plus they look cool with indoor lights

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
The main one's mountainbiking.
The others are sort of bushcrafty.
Bowmaking (though not for a while)
Atlatls
Knifemaking
Carving bowls
Leatherworking (quivers, knife sheaths, belts, that kind of thing)
Flintknapping (Only just got started and I have a very long way to go)
Reading (mostly bushcraft/primitive technology books)
Homebrewing
Gardening (Vegetables)

Using brackets( :eek:): )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE