UKhammocks top quilt and other problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
so my hammock turned up today. I had ordered the woodsman xpedition DL 1.5oz and i think i have been sent a SL woodsman X.

it was ordered on the 29th June 2016 and has taken three and a half months to arrive.

gutted to say the least.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
You think that? Have you got any proof and have you contacted them about it? Should be pretty easy to figure out :p.

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
You think that? Have you got any proof and have you contacted them about it? Should be pretty easy to figure out :p.

well i am guessing that SL means single layer and DL means double layer. i have a single layer in my possession.

its also missing all the additional bags etc and its black not green.

i have sent them an email today.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
so my hammock turned up today. I had ordered the woodsman xpedition DL 1.5oz and i think i have been sent a SL woodsman X.

it was ordered on the 29th June 2016 and has taken three and a half months to arrive.

gutted to say the least.

That's really not good enough. In the modern commercial world a company should hold stock of their most popular items, bespoke can then be discussed if necessary. People just want to place their order and 2 days later it arrives, not wait weeks and months.

I ordered 2 Woodsman X DLs on the 25th August, they arrived today, so why these huge discrepancies in lead time?

The Expedition comes with webbing and double ring buckles, does yours have that?

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
well i am guessing that SL means single layer and DL means double layer. i have a single layer in my possession.

its also missing all the additional bags etc and its black not green.

i have sent them an email today.

Well, maybe await the answer before calling them out the day it arrives. Even if they would be a bad company (I really don't know), they deserve a possibility to rectify the situation in my mind. It's always possible there was a problem in their ordering program or something like that. Things like "i guess" also don't tend to help since you should clearly know what you ordered and what you were shipped. If they don't solve it, then you can definitely call them out on it.

Good luck getting it sorted and i hope it gets solved fast though ;). Sorry if it came off as a bit preachy, but i've worked helpdesks ;).

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
That's really not good enough. In the modern commercial world a company should hold stock of their most popular items, bespoke can then be discussed if necessary. People just want to place their order and 2 days later it arrives, not wait weeks and months.

I ordered 2 Woodsman X DLs on the 25th August, they arrived today, so why these huge discrepancies in lead time?

The Expedition comes with webbing and double ring buckles, does yours have that?

no double ring buckles.

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
Well, maybe await the answer before calling them out the day it arrives. Even if they would be a bad company (I really don't know), they deserve a possibility to rectify the situation in my mind. It's always possible there was a problem in their ordering program or something like that. Things like "i guess" also don't tend to help since you should clearly know what you ordered and what you were shipped. If they don't solve it, then you can definitely call them out on it.

Good luck getting it sorted and i hope it gets solved fast though ;). Sorry if it came off as a bit preachy, but i've worked helpdesks ;).

i am not calling them out by the way. at this point in the year i can't use the hammock as i am finished camping so what difference does 3, 4 or 5 months make.

i am just disappointed as i was looking forward to using it and i think i have been pretty patient considering they were on a 5 week lead in period.

Last edited:

artschool

Forager
Sep 14, 2014
chester
ok, got an email this morning so great communications! seems like it is just a parcel mix up and they are going to make a new xpedition and send it out.

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
I ordered a woodsman x 12 weeks ago and have sent 4 emails for updates. Not had any replies!
Tried phoning the number and just get an automated message.

Beginning to worry now, dont know if its been sent and lost in the post. Was going to order an under quilt if i liked the hammock, not any more!

Has anyone else had anything from ukhammocks this year?

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Twelve weeks does seem excessive. I am sure I read something about them moving their business north, and think that would have fallen within the last four months. Not had contact recently though so can't shed light on what could be going on with your order. Really sorry!

May 22, 2016
Northampton
I ordered a woodsman x 12 weeks ago and have sent 4 emails for updates. Not had any replies!
Tried phoning the number and just get an automated message.

Beging to worry now, dont know if its been sent and lost in the post. Was going to order an under quilt if i liked the hammock, not any more!

Has anyone else had anything from ukhammocks this year?

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me, ordered at Christmas and no replies to my contact since. Fortunately I paid on credit card and am going through the claim back process, they have refunded me while investigating. Shocking service from ukhammocks.
Ordered another hammock from dutchwaregear in the states last week. They list loads of variables to customise your hammock and I can only assume everything is either kept on the shelf or made the same day as ordering as It was in the UK in 4 days, that is how to look after customers, its only being held up by good old UK customs.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
There's a chap in a facebook hammock group also in the same position, unless it's one of you two.

May 22, 2016
Northampton
Not me either, so that's at least 3 of us and probably £350+ dissapeared. Hopefully highlighting this will avoid others making the same mistake.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Such a shame to hear that this is happening. I've had a couple of hammocks from Mat and have been very happy with them. Have given them regular use for two years now and still as good as new.

Hope your problems get sorted soon.

am5566

Dec 11, 2012
scotland
An update: got in touch with the uk hammocks expedition team on Facebook and they got back to me with the following
"Hi Alan,

I am aware that the team is having issues with emails, the server is currently all being swapped over to the new workshop in York and this along with the movement of equipment and staff is or helping solve this.
I fully apologies for the lack of contact and indeed your order delays.

I'm meeting with the team this afternoon and will call ahead of time to get an update on your situation.
If needed I will request a rerun of your order to ensure you have it ASAP."

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Matt seems busy with the move back to Yorkshire as well as jetting off to Corsica boating.
I made enquiries about some gear they claim to stock but don't stock, you have to order it then they order it from the US supplier.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My woodsman x came today special delivery. Just in time for the weekend :)

Cool, enjoy. They're a bit weird to start off, but work well with decent tree distance. The footbag string pops open if the bug net isn't used. I found I don't really need the string anyway, but the diagonal lay made me feel I might tip out. My trees were too close together, not even enough distance to string a 3x3 DD lightweight on the diagonal. I think with a bit more experience this season, I'll get it right.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE