Order a 21st Century Pizza

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Everytime I ring my local Pizza Hut they ask me if I`d like my usual order before I `ve even spoken to them.

Not quite on the same level as that one though Rik
icon_runforhills.gif

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
This may appear childish, but it provides amusement for me!! I have a list of 'phone numbers, addresses and email addresses with names, which I happily supply to any commercial concern which asks for them. If your list is compiled from the same area/county, the phone numbers do not clash with 'out of area' addresses. Never give your mobile number, always a landline. Advertisements in magazines always provide good info ie: address, email, phone number, all you have to do is come up with a name.Screwfix are keen on asking for such details and on occasions actually check the info given..."excuse me sir, this address is a shop!"..." Yes, I have the flat above that shop"... "Oh thank you"
Of course you can only play this game when you do not wish further contact with the company/organisation concerned if they insist on asking for 'your details for our records'
I often wonder where all the junk mail,telephone sales, and brochures sent out end up, and what their electronic 'tagging' systems make of my game...:I refuse to be electronically stalked.....D :D :D

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Thats scary!!!!

Capital One refused to ring me anymore (thats before i dumped their cards last year). Each time they rang and asked my date of birth 'for security reasons' I asked them for their date of birth, mothers maiden name and full address explaining that it could be anyone ringing me and pretending to be Capital One! When they gave a number for me to ring to confirm their identity i said that could be your mates who is in on the scam and hung up.

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
Whilst doing battle with HSBC (I won!), I used to say to their phone drones that before I'd answer any security questions they'd have to convince me that they really were from HSBC. I asked for the company registration number, and the name of the chairman; not one of their staff was ever able to answer.

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
"I see this on the TV a few nights ago - The program was about the American IRS by all account the US government has no right to take income Tax from them
I just hope every one finds out and claim it back "

I think it is called something like "America, freedom to Fascism".

Interesting film.

Kev

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I can't post the direct link because it would upset the somewhat sensitive mods here, but go to you tube and search for

tom mabe best prank call ever

Its so funny, I'd love to try this one out on some of the twits who still phone although I'm off the telemarketing list AND ex directory

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I once kept a telesales on the line for 17 mins when I was bored one afternoon, got bumped to his supervisior twice. Sad yes but I was bored

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
there is a chip shop along the road from me who take your delivery orders online now rather than by phone, so we arent to far away from the above link

W

whittle

i like it, can't wait for someone to run my life - plug me in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE