Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, the only place I could find to stay is the Arctic Jokkmokk Campsite.

Ive booked two tents for 4 nights. 02/03/04/05

So far its just me and Ash in my tent, and Chris in his. Ive got the booking form, and we pay when we get there. We can buy firewood from the local gas station for the stoves.

225 sek per night, walkers without car.

Its within walking distance of Jokkmokk.

[I had to actually call them in the end!]

40,000 people per day attend the market, and their cabins have been booked for the 2017 market since 2015!

When I was in Jokkmokk in 2015, it was the week after the market and it was completely dead!

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Well there's a family meeting this Saturday for other reasons, going to put on my begging cap to see who can do what for me in the looking after Dad department, I'll know from that what I can do.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not for me to me to mention Chris's business, but I believe he's trying to get off until the Tuesday...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Massive change of plan on my part, I'm in for the whole trip, thanks to my Daughter saying she'll move in to help out for the fortnight :D Just need to book flights and get kit finalised :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice one mate.

0046 971 123 70 is the number, ask for Emelie.

Tell her you want 4 nights stay. Unless you and Chris are planning on sharing one tent, and going halvies?

In which case its already booked.

[You never know Chris might be busy in his tent. :lmao:]

The local culture is shared mixed saunas. Naked of course. Then you run outside and jump in the snow. The dutch and the swedish found it strange when i told them you'd get locked up for that in the uk.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is me and Bob in Canada, we were in tears in the zoo. My feet were white, and very painful, from the wet conditions, so Bob extremely kindly offered to give me a push. We had to hire a wheelchair. God it was funny. Every group of school kids we passed thought I was a complete *******, and were all waving at me.

Not very Pc but bloody hilarious. Come on Bob, we need someone with your experience, you curmudgeonly old sausage. :D

P1000976.jpg

Rather like Bobs fiery pants of shame story. Funniest thread on here.

Are you coming or what mate?!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE