Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just dont tell them its a toboggan. Its sports equipment, period. Just roll it up and shove it your bag.

I would like to and will do BUT, I'll sleep a lot better having it in writing, same a your ski bag, no skies lol, I haven't got the neck to try and pull that off :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Really Al, they're not going to pull you up because you have a rolled up toboggan in your bag mate. And even if they did, and you had not announced it, they wouldnt be bothered buddy. I think you're worrying about nothing mate. :) Ive just told them Im taking a ski bag. Thats it. I mean people dont even bother telling them they are carrying axes and knives. If youre questioned, youre going on a wilderness trip. What else would you be carrying? :)

You'l be fine, and if youre not, none of us are. :)

PS from your list im still not sure how many bags youre taking?

Just dont take disposable lighters. Or matches, [you are allowed safety matches, but they are things easy to get over there.] And then follow their rules about fluids and stuff in hand luggage.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Cheers Dave, reassures me a bit, bag wise, probably my Highlander 44l as hand luggage 8Kg, and 2 hold bags 23 Kg max each

Well, that should all be free mate.

One free 23kg bag. Your other hold bag, is your free sports equipment bag. It has your snowshoes in right?
I would think. Of course, you call them, and get two answers from two different people.
When you ring them, ask them to put a note down, saying that one of your bags is a free bag, carrying sports equipment.

Im pretty sure thats what Ash is doing. And he's called them, and checked that.

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just a thought that has been nagging me for a while.

I know you guys are heading for the Jokkmokk Camping Centre for the Market week, but what are you doing about firewood when you get there?

I doubt if the camping centre will want any trees taking down and I don't think there will be much deadwood lying about even if you can find it under all the snow. The woods near the centre are semi-domestic, pretty well the back yards of the properties near the road.

I'm sure you guys are all over this but I was just wondering if anyone had thought about it?

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I think Dave said we can "buy" it from the camp site. If not the local garage i suppose. Needs must and all that.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Its fully booked i think mate due to the market. They have warm areas to go if needed. And im sure all of us have taken notice of whats been said about sleeping systems and it being good enough to cope with the temps WITH OUT A FIRE...😆😆😆👍👍👍👍

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That will do for a back up I'll call the campsite when I get home, what's your plans Greger, still hope you'll make it, any ideas where and when you can meet us and how long for ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The cabins will certainly be fully booked, we were lucky to get one at all let alone the one we actually got. ( This one I think.)

image.aspx

Last time we were there I don't remember seeing anyone else camping out but we didn't really go over to that side of the site.

karta-arcticcampjokkmokk1.jpg

Just for reference, we are in Cabin 53 on this map by the way.

As far as I can remember, the nearest gas station was in the middle of town, somewhere near the roundabout.

Again, we didn't check it out as we had no vehicle.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
You will probably be best with an e-mail.

The reception was shut up when we arrived and most of the time we were actually there. I don't think it is staffed much during winter.

Although the girls that did work there were very nice.

I don't know what they do with the plain girls in Market week around Jokkmokk but nearly all of the lasses we saw were gorgeous.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
You will probably be best with an e-mail.

The reception was shut up when we arrived and most of the time we were actually there. I don't think it is staffed much during winter.

Although the girls that did work there were very nice.

I don't know what they do with the plain girls in Market week around Jokkmokk but nearly all of the lasses we saw were gorgeous.
Oy oy... thats very good to know...😉😉😉

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE