Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Looks terrible, hope you're right in saying it's not as bad as it looks.

Hopefully some CCTV and a bit of police work should catch these b******s .

Hope you make a swift recovery .

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Unfortunately the police don't actively pursue such crimes in Bradford… hence the death of a WWII veteran who died when he 'wandered into the wrong area'.

Hate to say it, but Dave is right in the respect that certain areas are a no-go after dark. Perhaps not the PC thing to say, but I think Dave may be proof of something disturbing going on in our market towns of the North.

Dave, don't be a divot about asking for help. I'm saying this in open forum because what has happened is nothing to be shamed about. I was once set upon by a group of 10 to 12 year olds and they made a mess of me. Embarrassing perhaps to me, but nothing to be ashamed of. Being overwhelmed by a group, armed or not… multiple people cause multiple damages. If you won't accept my help, perhaps there is someone else who you will turn to… but all I'm saying is that there are people who will willing help you out with the everyday stuff… even if its just walking the dog.

Don't let pride hinder your recovery… after all, we have an area of Sweden to explore, and its not going to be much fun if you're whinging is it?! ;)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Just caught up with the thread. Stuck down in the black hole of Blandford again (no internet or phone signal) (if need contact text me and if I get any signal it will eventually get picked up when I wander around camp (i did get two bars once).

Hope you get sorted soon Dave, sorry to hear it happened.

Because I am away at the minute unable to sort much out. I have the Swedish map card and when at home will be sorting out the fabloned maps sheets or the route. I will put route cards on the back so when we plan the route we can also send details back so someone will have the route just in case.

most of my kit has been sorted only a few last buits to go. Once home I will do a few photos and do my list.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Hopefully Dave will log in and read what i said… and understand that he's our mate. Mates help mates.

If a text message goes astray and happens to tell him to check in… well… it is a text message that has gone astray.

Anyone who knows Dave personally knows he's a decent and honest bloke… he may be plagued by the the fact he has a liver, but other than that, he is a warm bloke, someone who appreciates that maybe we're all different, but we share somethings that are the same.

Truly hope he stops whinging, embraces the help on offer and gets back on his feet… and Dave, if and when you read this and those heckles arise, remember… you can never go too far… or more accurately, barba tenus sapientes… and once you have she who must be obeyed to translate… you can chastise me via my text function, or you can ring me :D Castigat ridendo mores my bearded friend. ;)

Edited due to my PP memory of latin.. it has been 25 years!

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
So bought some gear for the trip today… I have an outer sleeping bag (ex Danish Army) and an inner sleeping bag… should keep me warm.

Coat wise got the Swiss M90… I've still got to sort out my Danes-Dog order as well.

Been looking at Canadian snow shoes… but I'll need to find boots and liners before I grab those, make sure they work properly together.

Got a pole set (well, 3 pole sets) that interlink to form the main pole for my BT2 shelter.

Also bought a collapsable cotbed but its a retro one, so it is possibly a little bit heavy. I'm going to test it out this weekend and if it is too heavy, I'll use it for camping trips over here.

Still lots of stuff to get, but I'm getting there now. :D

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Good that you're buying gear, if it's the same old surplus bed I have it weighs about 10Kg, unless you're digging down to the ground leave it at home mate, we can build you a bed out there ;) Been having a 'walk' around our hostel area ( thank you Google maps ) there is a supermarket on the next corner, a couple of bars and eating places, from pizza to restaurants all within a couple of 100 meters, good find on the hostel Dave :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Do you have a clicky link to it? The hostel I mean.

Yeah, it weighs a fair amount, but won't know until I put it on the scales. My sleeping bags are lightish if not a bit bulky, but they'll compress down… stove and shelter is light enough. I'll try and get some pictures this weekend of everything setup… I'm taking a mat as well as the camp bed, so I'll try a night on the camp bed, a night on the mat.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
It looks like it could get a bit lively in that town… had no idea it was a mining town until I looked it up… be some rum-uns there :D

Have you had a look at Gallivare? Some stunning views there… I'm considering arriving there a few days early and spend some time having a wander. I know we'll be wandering in those hills and woods, but just spending some time looking at the scenery.

Greger, how are you getting to Gallivare?

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Do you have a clicky link to it? The hostel I mean.

I'm taking a mat as well as the camp bed, so I'll try a night on the camp bed, a night on the mat.

Dewi mate. You MUST take a mat even if your on a bed. Its insulation you need to keep you warm so get a good one with a down or syntheic filling to keep you warm. I have the exsped 9 L and its rated to - 17. im also taking a foam mat 1 to use for sitting on around the fire and chopping wood on or what ever in the tent. And 2 incase your air type one has a massive fail you still have some insulation.

Good kit so far though mate. Keep it up as time is running short...😆😆😆😆😆😆

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Ok All. Just to keep you updated Dave sent me a message last night to say the swelling has gone down a bit. Think he still has some way to go but he is as Dewi said a good sort and i know is a fighter. A few weeks and he will be ready for action im sure. Reguards to you Dave and we are all thinking of you mate...👍👍👍👍👍

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Ok All. Just to keep you updated Dave sent me a message last night to say the swelling has gone down a bit. Think he still has some way to go but he is as Dewi said a good sort and i know is a fighter. A few weeks and he will be ready for action im sure. Reguards to you Dave and we are all thinking of you mate...����������

Good to know, I haven't bothered him, to let him rest, I'll call later today, Dewi, not sure on Greger's plans as to where he is going to turn up, be it on the lake or Jokkmokk ?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Good to know, I haven't bothered him, to let him rest, I'll call later today, Dewi, not sure on Greger's plans as to where he is going to turn up, be it on the lake or Jokkmokk ?
Ahhh now you say that was it Jokkmokk...🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Ahhh now you say that was it Jokkmokk...����������

Originally it was going to be on the lake, at that time though Jokkmokk wasn't on our radar, it would be closer and maybe easier as well, we'll see what he says ?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
15267601_1547041588658500_5200764815035385094_n.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE