Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
So come on then, plans kit lists ect????

Plans are gonna be refined to suit conditions but roughly, Greger is going to meet us, hopefully with our snowshoes, cheaper to freight them over than to pay on the airline, buy provisions and set us on the bus route, from there a walk in to the camping spot, roughly :D

Kit list, mine needs some serious typing to get a list up for scrutinising. A project for the weekend I think.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
In what way, around camp or the walk in ? I know from talking to you and videos it all depends on the snow conditions, is there's a thing as an all rounder ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Ok gents. Im good for a lift thanks. As long as the car passes the mot Thursday that is. Its closer than I thought. Thought it was further south east to be fare.

As for my kit im nearly there. Just need my stove sleeping bag cooking pot few bits and bobs. Sorted...😆

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Ok gents. Im good for a lift thanks. As long as the car passes the mot Thursday that is. Its closer than I thought. Thought it was further south east to be fare.

As for my kit im nearly there. Just need my stove sleeping bag cooking pot few bits and bobs. Sorted...��

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Good good, what are you taking in the way of accommodation and heating, if any heating ?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Plans are gonna be refined to suit conditions but roughly, Greger is going to meet us, hopefully with our snowshoes, cheaper to freight them over than to pay on the airline, buy provisions and set us on the bus route, from there a walk in to the camping spot, roughly :D

Kit list, mine needs some serious typing to get a list up for scrutinising. A project for the weekend I think.

I thought we were getting a train when we get off the bus? If we're walking, its going to be a loooong walk!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
In what way, around camp or the walk in ? I know from talking to you and videos it all depends on the snow conditions, is there's a thing as an all rounder ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

EDIT: Dont bother, i didnt read it properly. Plastic frame is cracked! £55 for broken snowshoes...pffftttt!

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
23-25th September Meet.
Normal details here for the Northwood meets.
(look at post 1 for details)

1. TinkyPete (23-25th)
2. Dave (23th-25th)
3. Neil (23th-25th) TBC
4. Bopdude ( 23rd-25th )
5. Lannyman8 (23-25th)
6. Guest Star : Martin K9

So guys we have made the numbers so meet will be going ahead :)

I will get in touch with Steve for the OK with the farmer. If you follow the link then you can find out all the safety info and location details, like the nearest station, hospital etc.

We will be using the middle pitch and I will be in early to make sure about the car parking and stuff.

I will be sorting out kit at the meet and have some spares if people are short of stuff. so it will be good to sit and have a meet up and natter. :)

Our Guest is Martin K9 of this area who has a fair bit of experience in trips of this sort and I will have a mini slide show of some of the stuff we got up to during our Norway winter trip a couple of years ago.

Hope this helps and any questions please ask.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats sounds great, see you all Friday. Looking forward to it. :) [Hope I dont get fatigue.] Oh, I should have removed TBC next to Neil/Ash's name. He's coming.

Please let me know Pete if theres anything you want me to bring down. Dutch oven, cast iron fold out grills, skillets etc? Fire Wood? Food, Drink in a coolbox?

[Day before Ive got a load of dental work being done.] I might nip off to the local shop for grub...dunno.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What are we going to do about food this weekend, self cater for all of it or do a group evening meal or what do people want to do ? Dave, anybody come up with a toboggan yet for Ash ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What are we going to do about food this weekend, self cater for all of it or do a group evening meal or what do people want to do ? Dave, anybody come up with a toboggan yet for Ash ?

Nothing yet. If theres a shop close by, I might just nip out. Saves washing up.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've just listened to perhaps the oddest voice mail message I've ever received... bet you can't guess who it was from?! :D

Rumours of me pulling out of the Sweden trip are greatly exaggerated... even if I happen to lose an arm in the coming months, God saw fit to grace me with a spare.

Just double booked with my wife for this weekend... I'll make the next one.

No one answered the question about us getting the train after we get off the bus... are we walking it? Don't mind if we are, but given the weight of the kit I want to take, I might need to lighten the load a bit.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I've just listened to perhaps the oddest voice mail message I've ever received... bet you can't guess who it was from?! :D

Rumours of me pulling out of the Sweden trip are greatly exaggerated... even if I happen to lose an arm in the coming months, God saw fit to grace me with a spare.

Just double booked with my wife for this weekend... I'll make the next one.

No one answered the question about us getting the train after we get off the bus... are we walking it? Don't mind if we are, but given the weight of the kit I want to take, I might need to lighten the load a bit.

I bet I can ;)

I'm pleased your still coming along, there was a post from Dave with some of the suggested travel plans, involving buses and trains to get to somewhere close, still a bit of a walk but as with lots of things, it's still to be finalised, I'll admit, I thought you were going to pull out, sorry :(

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Nope, not pulling out... just this weekend my other half has had planned for a while... not really fair for me to prioritise my fun over hers. She is after all going south... she should be commended for venturing down there with the strange people!

Careful searching out local pubs near North Wood... its dangerously close to Birmingham... and that place has strip clubs! :dancer: I'll say no more... no more.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I've just listened to perhaps the oddest voice mail message I've ever received...
..............I have nothing............:theyareon

PM me a recording of that. I have no memory of it...

7350222ab167d0964fec8921076089d9.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE