Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
And we want to do fishing but it's not the be all, so what's it to be, as you've said, your timing is going to revolve around Neil, so has he got any dates that are preferable ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
And we want to do fishing but it's not the be all, so what's it to be, as you've said, your timing is going to revolve around Neil, so has he got any dates that are preferable ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Think he's pretty quiet that time of year.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have spoken to Steve earlier on and just asked him if we can have use of the wood in North Wood for a couple of meet ups over a couple of weekends. the First to be towards the end of this month and the next to be towards the start of October once I have comformation, I will let you all know.

The normal rules for a North wood meet will be in effect with normal pricing of £5 per night.
Normal details here for the Northwood meets.
(look at post 1 for details)

I am hoping for two optunities for us to meet up and test kit out so refining and soting out details are open to us.

Any questions you have please ask.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I have spoken to Steve earlier on and just asked him if we can have use of the wood in North Wood for a couple of meet ups over a couple of weekends. the First to be towards the end of this month and the next to be towards the start of October once I have comformation, I will let you all know.

Any questions you have please ask.

Hi TP, have you got that right, two dates so close to each other ?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Hi TP, have you got that right, two dates so close to each other ?

Consecutive weekends... gives the liver time to recover :rolleyes:

Tinky... if we're meeting at North Wood, does that mean the mountain man breakfast is on the menu again?

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
I am awaiting confirmation but provisional dates I am looking at are 23-25 September and the second one being October 28-30th. I may need some numbers or know availability for the September meet as that one we would be alone in the woods, the Second coincides with a normal North Wood meet and we would be in our own area to sort out stuff ( do not worry the main communal area is not far or we can keep ourselves to ourselves, up to us on that one)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
Just got a message from Steve for the First weekend 23-25th September we have a minimum of 6 required for 2 nights to get numbers so it is viable for us to run the meet.

So I will start up a list for that meet if people can make it.

If we don't get enough people for that one will still have the meet at the end of October.

23-25th September Meet.
Normal details here for the Northwood meets.
(look at post 1 for details)

1. TinkyPete (23-25th)

Any questions about the meet please ask and I will endeavour to answer as soon as possible.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
1. TinkyPete (23-25th)
2. Dave (23th-25th)
3. Neil (23th-25th) TBC
4. Bopdude ( 23rd-25th )

Just as a dot the I's type thing, what are the times for arrival and leaving site ?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
1. TinkyPete (23-25th)
2. Dave (23th-25th)
3. Neil (23th-25th) TBC
4. Bopdude ( 23rd-25th )

Just as a dot the I's type thing, what are the times for arrival and leaving site ?

hi, in the absence of Pete, and assuming you get the numbers, normally it would be midday both ends but if Pete gets there earlier that's fine. I will make the middle pitch available, feel free to use the chute or tarp along with the woodpile.

Steve

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
Thanks Steve, yes the normal times will be in place and I should be getting in early to make sure everything is fine, Thanks for the use of the middle pitch and chute which gives us loads of room to spread out and try different things if needed.

I will be bringing along some of my spare stuff (kit wise) so if people are struggling to get items such as mukluks or warm kit I may have spares so we can even do a mini car boot winter sale (or loan) as well :)

It gives a good place to sort out some group kit as well, and to talk safety stuff as well. We may even get a guest who can add to the insight of winter camping and trips to Scandinavia.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
So we have 3 confirmed places and 1 pending, we're still short on making the numbers up, I know Lannyman is away until the middle of the month and will confirm if he can make it but that will still leave us short, is this meet going to be viable ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE