Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats a damned shame. :( Can you make it Ron, on you're original dates, which you posted, 11th to the 17th Feb, or would it have to be the 27/2 to the 3/3 now?

Other people may only be able to come in February as well.

Come on guys lets make this work.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It's always going to be difficult to arrange dates that suit everyone, we need a poll adding with dates so people can tick multi choices, from that we'll get a better idea, is a poll doable ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Like I said; don't make it dependent on me.
Go with the flow, set a date that suits most and then it's up to me or others to figure out if and how to make it.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I reckon these things sort themselves out naturally enough.

TBH, my prioirities might not be the same as others.

High on my list, is going when Neil can go, as splitting/sharing the daily tasks will be a lifesaver for me, energy wise. [Not being well]

I think things will come together, when we all meet up, at TinkyPetes location, subject to approval. When to book flights, dates etc. We can discuss it then, [soberly!]

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
So after talking to Al today.

We're going sometime between mid january to mid february. Thats should suit most. We may even have some overlapping, some leave, some join us etc.

Some people will miss out, as not everyone can get 9 days off work [or thereabouts]

I know TP is busy at the moment, but he's also working on getting us a meet sorted. No dates as yet. Winter time-ish.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That's a good plan I think, it won't suit all but it's impossible to please all, hopefully as you say, it may be that the camp can / will have overlaps with people leaving and some starting, anyway, still no definite date but I'm looking forward to it.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Propper chuffed gents. Thought i was going to have to can it but all is now good. Tipi tent coming in September and all being well a skid sledge from USA costing more than i wanted but hey, its an investment. Still loads of kit to get but its all going as planned so far...😆😆😆

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
fce7fe78f52fd78ffcae5eae390c30a9.jpg

Outer shell sorted anyway. Rosewood Dyed and 2 coats of nikwax ready to go.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
😂😂😂😂 its so they can find by body when im a popsicle....😂😂😂😂😂

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
If it's a body we find it had better be something we've caught or trapped, no human will be harmed in the making of this trip lol

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
😂😂😂😂😂😂 appart from the odd axe wound...😂😂😂

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
A little over 4 months to go, hope everyone's plans and kit are coming together, must make a start on the toboggan soon.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Response on fishing. Only in February.

Dear Mr. P,

Yes, you are allowed to fish in the lakes (Stora Lulevatten and Langas) in February. You can purchase fishing permits for Jokkmokk municipality either online (www.natureit.se) or from local retailers, e.g. AB Fiskflyg (http://www.fiskflyg.se/, tel: +46 973 102 46) and Laponia Livs (tel: +46 973 100 80). Please observe that some parts of the lakes are privately owned. These areas are depicted in the maps that follow with your permits. Local retailers will also be able to point them out for you. In these areas other fishing rules might apply.

Stora Lulevatten and Langas are situated on the border between Gällivare and Jokkmokk municipality, but only one permit is required as long as you stay on these lakes.

I have never been to Porjus, and I would not expect to find fishing shop there, but try these guys: http://www.fiskflyg.se/

Sincerely,

David Bell, Fiskehandläggare
Vatten- och fiskeenheten
Länsstyrelsen i Norrbottens län
971 86 Luleå
Telefon: 010-225 54 16
E-post: david.bell@lansstyrelsen.se

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE