open canoe

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
OK - douse that heretic burning fire - he may have a wet bum but he still retains some brains :D

Why, thank you John;)

Rich; I know:p itis a lovely boat! I'm not so sure on the colour but then it kind of grows on you.
Carbon Kevlar it shall have to be but the fact that the set up is way down in Cornwall will mean I'll be waiting a while for a second hand one, as there's no way I'm going to faff about ordering one.

Apparently the character that owns the company has a tendency to lose a bit of interest once he's got your money and the delivery dates get further and further away!

A great pity as they really are fantastic boats, a good couple of steps up from an Apache ( though the apache is a good hull)

anyway, we'll see:)

best wishes

Steve

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
Apparently the character that owns the company has a tendency to lose a bit of interest once he's got your money and the delivery dates get further and further away!

I think it's because he puts the surf kayaks first.If you were local and kept 'dropping in' I'm sure it would be ready a lot quicker ;)

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
...as is an Apache 16'. Lot to be said for composite hulls, mostly (with the exception of kevlar) cheaper than royalex, stiffer, easier to repair and more often than not faster more efficient hull shape.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Living only 5 mins from where Alan used to make the Birch Creek canoes and counting on him as a bit of a pal I have had the oportunity to try out (and own!) several of the Birch Creek range over the years - Alan actually helped me build my Malamut - and there aint a bad one in the lot!
The best is the Birch CreeK 16 - I was given one to review for Canoeist magazine (only loaned it for the weekend :( ) and on the sat night I phoned Alan with my order. After putting the phone down I thought "Now how in gods name to I pay for that?"... I ended up having to sell the Birch Creek I owned at the time to raise the dosh!
It was worth it though!
After I smashed the bow to ruination on a rock out at sea (another tale! it involves the wake of the Irish Ferry, otters and rocks) Alan was good enough -though already not a well man - to help me rebuild the boat.
The canoe is not as pretty as it was but still paddles like a dream :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I orderd a new canoe yesterday, i'm going for a snake river canoe thats 15". The guy who makes them, says it will take about 2 weeks.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE