One pot recipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
i also buy this years (in chillie) bhut jolika this year the ghost chilli from india especially developed by the indian army to keep elephants away from destroying native villages 1.5 million units on the scorville test !

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
i also buy this years (in chillie) bhut jolika this year the ghost chilli from india especially developed by the indian army to keep elephants away from destroying native villages 1.5 million units on the scorville test !

OOH too strong for me , I get scots bonnets from the same guy ( about 25 for a quid ) last time I prepped them I forgot to wear gloves and rubbed my eye , had to crawl upstairs blind ,felt like my face was melting . had to stand in the shower with the jet on full direct into my eyes at a 3 inch range for 30 mins before I got any pain relief lol .
Felt such an idiot ( more so than a toe stub or standing up into an open cupboard door )
Sorry for the off-topic .

Dog Dick Stew .
A staple of my teenage/early twenties .
Everyone brings one item of food , could be anything within reason .
Only rule is that there has to be one pack of sausages .
Throw it all in a pot . Thats it .
It was always very tasty no matter how random the ingredients got .
Cheers , Trev .

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
My usual fare up until now has been christened riders stew:

Can of stewed steak
Can of tinned carrots
Can of new potatoes
Can of green beans (or sweetcorn or peas)

Served with a large hunk of French stick. Only problem is the number of tins needed to carry!

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
first make

WHBIB.jpg

once its cooked add

RT00498.jpg

then eat and clean pot with

istockphoto_1287645-rustic-wholemeal-crusty-bread-roll.jpg

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Camping corned beef hash or "Cardiac Casserole" as my dad calls it:
1 tin corned beef,
1 tin evaporated milk,
1 tin baby new potatoes.

Just bung it all in and simmer till the taters are cooked through. If you are still hiking about then serving it with bread will give a lunch for two :)

C

cat1989

spanish chicken

8 chicken thighs , skin on and bone in
3 onions , thinly sliced
2 tsp paprika
zest and juice 1 lemon
good handful parsley , roughly chopped
150ml stock
1 tbsp olive oil

brown chicken off chuck everything else in the pot lid on ready in around 30 mins depending on how hot pan is serves about 4 people. quite nice done in oven at home too dont need to brown chicken than either

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
just on the off chance does anybody else on here grow their own chilli peppers ?

We've grown them for about the last five years, always taking seeds from the strongest/most productive plant each year, we're "over-wintering" them this year for the first time so we'll see how they turn out. I cut the stalks down to about 8" and just give them a drop of water once a month. They look pretty dead at the moment so I've got some seeds on standby.

Spicy tomato with rice (almost jambalaya)

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 can of chopped tomatos or carton of passata (two if you are cooking for lots)
a good amount of chorizo sliced
dried rosemary and oregano
cajun spices
good pinch of sugar
cup of chicken stock (more if feeding extra)
glug of white wine if you have it (added luxury)
few cups of long grain rice (depending on how many people you are feeding)
Olive oil for cooking

Chop and fry the onion gently until soft and then add the finely chopped garlic,
fry for a minute and then add the spices,
Put in the chorizo and fry for a min
Add the chopped peppers and the rice and fry for a few mins stirring all the time - make sure the rice gets a good coating of oil
pour in the wine if using and add the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock
add the herbs and sugar
cobver with a lid and let it bubble for 20 mins stirring occasionally until the rice absorbs the liquid
Eat with loads of crusty bread and use any leftovers for breakfast

If you want more zing add a few chopped chillies or some tobasco sauce (have also used 'daves insanity sauce' for extra spicy)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
something sweet

50 g pudding rice
1pint milk
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

bring to boil then simmer for 30 - 45 mins stirring occasionally

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
My usual fare up until now has been christened riders stew:

Can of stewed steak
Can of tinned carrots
Can of new potatoes
Can of green beans (or sweetcorn or peas)

Served with a large hunk of French stick. Only problem is the number of tins needed to carry!

thats so simple quick and easy

Old Pa

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2009
Northwoods
4.5# of cubed chuck that was soaked in sherry, lemon juice, strong soy and balsamic vinegar for two days. Onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips, peas and russett potatoes. Salt. fresh cracked black pepper, thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, allspice, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg, and paprika. Worchestershire sauce and tomato paste. Organic beef stock and a bottle of dark winter ale. Two cans of organic dices tomatoes. And forty years of practice.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
A favourite of mine just now:

two red onions - diced
two pepers - colour of your choice - cut into strips
a clove of garlic
pack of chicken thighs
1 tin of chick peas
pasata or tinned tomatoes

- fry off the onions then add in the chicken and brown followed by the peppers. - dash of Worcester sauce and some Tabasco. few italian herbs maybe.

Add in the pasata/tomatoes and simmer for half an hour or so.

then add in the chickpeas for 5 mins.

serve with some rice.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE